FREE Crochet Pattern by A Crafty Homemaker.
Today we have Lubna from A Crafty Homemaker with us. And she’s got a lovely purse pattern that you can use for change and other small items such as keys. It’s the perfect size for trips when you don’t have room for a big purse. And it’s stylish too! I especially love the pretty edging around the flap.
Best of all, Lubna was kind enough to give us step-by-step pictures to make this a breeze for anyone to whip up.
This little wallet is perfect to store your cash and change when you head outdoors. Stuff it in your handbag or your jeans pocket – it fits everywhere. And the best part – it takes less than an hour to make it ( unless you have a toddler tugging at you every five minutes) 😉
Worsted Weight Yarn in two colors ( I used Excel Soft Yarns in Mustard and White)
5 mm Crochet Hook
A cute button
Needle ( to weave in ends)
Finished Size: 14cm x 8cm (5.5″ by 3.25″)
Stitches to know with abbreviations:
Ch – chain stitch
Dc – double crochet stitch
Puff stitch – 3 dc in space. Put hook into the top st of 1st and 3rd dc. Yarn over and pull through both the loops.
With mustard colored yarn:
1. Ch 37.
2. Dc in third chain from hook. Dc in each of the chain stitches till the end. 5 dc in the last chain. Continue dc on the other side till the end. ( 73 dc)
3. Turn. Ch 2. Dc in the first dc of the previous line. Continue till the last stitch. ( 35 dc) 2 dc in the next st, 3 dc in the center st, 2 dc in the next.
Dc again till the end (35 dc) [ A total of 77 dc in this line]
4. Turn. Ch 2. Dc in each of the stitch till the end ( 35 dc). * 2 dc in each stitch * 3 times , 1 dc , **2 dc in each stitch ** 3 times . Dc till the end. [ A total of 83 dc in this line]
5. Turn. Ch 2. Dc in each stitch till end ( 35 dc) * 2 dc in the next st, 1 dc* 3 times , 1 dc , ** 1dc, 2 dc in the next** 3 times. Dc till the end of line. [ A total of 89 dc]
6. Turn. Ch 2. Dc in each stitch till end of line ( 35 dc) * Ch 1, skip 1 st, 1 dc in the next * 10 times. Continue dc till the end.
Join the white yarn.
7. Ch 2. Dc in each stitch (35 dc). * Puff stitch in space, ch 2 * 10 times. Continue dc till the end.
Fasten off and weave in ends with a needle.
Now fold the wallet to make a pouch and sew the sides with white colored yarn. Attach a button to open and close the wallet.
About the Designer:
An enthusiastic Homemaker with a strong passion for crafts, sewing, crocheting and cooking!