Free Crochet Pattern by Cream Of The Crop Crochet.
Cream Of The Crop Crochet is back with another beauty for us. It’s for a cute little bag that’s not only perfect for your little princess, but for yourself as well.
The crochet bag has a nice circumference, making it great for your your daughter’s toys and treasures as well as for your basic necessities.
And it’ll make for a lovely gift as well.
Skill Level: Intermediate
7 1/2″ from top of purse to bottom
*This is our finished size. If yours doesn’t come out this size, please check your gauge.
Light worsted weight (3-light)
• We used less than 218 yards of Lion Brand, Jamie, Summer Stripes yarn.*
H-8 (5.00mm) crochet hook
Yarn Needle, to weave ends
Small needle (optional)
Gauge: 5 hdc stitches x 7 rows is 2″
*Change to hook size to obtain the gauge.
• This pattern is written in American Crochet Terms.
• ALWAYS start in the first stitch of joining.
• ALWAYS join in first stitch of the row.
• If you have any problems at all, please contact us. We will be happy to help!
hdc-half double crochet
Row 1: hdc in 3rd ch from hook, hdc in next 21 sts, 6 hdc in last st (turning to the opposite side), hdc in next 21 sts, 6 hdc in next st, join
Row 2: ch 2, 2 hdc, hdc in next 22 sts, 2 hdc in next 5 sts, hdc in next 22 sts, 2 hdc in next 4 sts, join
Row 3-17: ch 2, hdc in each st around, join
Row 18: ch 2, hdc in each st around, join
Row 19: ch 1, sc in each st around, join, cut yarn, fasten off, weave ends
Row 1: hdc in 3rd ch from hook, hdc in next 3 sts, turn
Row 2-36: ch 2, hdc in each st, turn
Row 37: ch 2, hdc in each st, cut yarn, fasten off, weave ends
• Lay both handles on top of each other.
• Evenly single crochet around the edge, in each corner make 3 sc instead of 1, cut yarn, fasten off, weave ends
• On the inside of the purse to the side (not the front or back), take the handle and place it about 1 1/2″ to the side of the purse.
• This is where the handle will be placed.
• Take yarn and a yarn needle, and stitch around the edges of the handle that overlap with the purse to make a rectangle shape.
• This will attach the handle to the purse.
• Cut the yarn, tie both ends together and weave ends.
• Repeat in the same manner as before with the other side the the handle, on the opposite side.
Row 1: hdc in 3rd ch from hook, hdc in each st, turn
Row 2: ch 2, hdc, ch 1, sk st, hdc in next 2 sts, turn
Row 3-9: ch 2, hdc in each st, turn
Row 10: ch 2, hdc in each st, ch 1, sc evenly around tab, join, cut yarn, fasten off, weave ends
• Attach the tab the same way you attached the handle, except do not repeat for a second time.
• Also attach the tab to the back of the purse instead of the side.
• Make sure the hole in the tab is not being attached.
• Properly place the button on the front, top (about 1″ from the top), middle of the purse; so lining up with the hole in the tab.
• Attach the button with yarn (or thread) and a yarn needle (or small needle) in its proper place.
Don’t forget to add lining if you’d like!
Pattern and photos © 2015 Cream Of The Crop Crochet™. All rights reserved.
Check out more designs here on CNC by Cream Of The Crop Crochet, or connect with them around the web: