Here is a cute bone ring flower keychain pattern for your house and car keys. It’s got a bone ring in the middle, but you can always omit that by making a ring with four chains.
What’s a bone rings? They are small plastic rings usually found in the crafting section. They come in small packs and in different sizes. They are easy to crochet around, and can be used for many different projects.
This keychain is not only great for cleaning up the smallest amounts of scraps, but it also makes for a nice gift idea.
The crochet flower is great for keychains, but can also be used as an applique, on a bookmark, or however else you like.
The cute petals tend to curl up after some use, so you may want to stiffen them lightly with a fabric stiffener.
The Stitch Pattern
This flower is started by working 8 single crochets around a bone ring. Then, for the next round you work a single crochet and a chain space into each stitch around.
Once finished, simply slide on a key ring and you’re all set.
The Finished Size
The finished size is only 2.5 inches across the diameter! It’s nice and small, making it great for many uses!
You only need a small amount of yarn, thus making this great for cleaning up the smallest amounts of yarn scraps. I used Vanna’s Choice, but any similar yarn will work.
Bone Ring Crochet Flower Keychain
- Yarn: Vanna's Choice – #4 Worsted Weight
- Crochet Hook: I/9-5.50mm
- Bone Ring: 5/8"
- Other: Measuring Tape, Scissors, Yarn Needle.
- 2.5" across diamater.
Special Stitch Instructions
- Standing Single Crochet (stsc): Place slip knot on hook, insert hook into bone ring; yo and pull up a lp, yo and pull through both lps on hook.
- Standing Single Crochet
- Rnd 1: Join yarn to bone ring with stsc, work another 7 sc into ring; join with sl st in first st. [8 sts]
- Rnd 2: Ch 1, sc in same st as join, ch 5, (sc, ch 5) into next st and into each st around; join with sl st in first sc. [8 ch-5 lps] Fasten Off.
- Take one of the ch-5 lps and slide it over a keyring.
- You may stiffen it lightly for it to maintain its shape.
If you enjoyed this, you might also enjoy the free crochet patterns on CPB for Crochet Keychains.