This easy rectangular crochet shawl pattern is worked up in a lightweight yarn, which makes it perfect for the summer and transitional weather. However, you can also bunch this up for a cozy winter scarf if you like.
You only need one skein of Red Heart’s It’s a Wrap yarn. It’s a self-striping yarn, so you don’t have to worry about the colors.
If you’re using a different yarn, you could easily crochet this up in a single color or a striped design. The pattern provides a stitch multiple, making it easy to adjust to the size you want using any yarn and hook size.
Purchase Your Ad-Free PDF
Open Stitch Easy Rectangular Crochet Shawl Pattern
- Yarn: Red Heart It's A Wrap Rainbow (Fine, #2; 55% Acrylic, 45% Cotton; 5.29oz/150g; 623yds/570m) Color: Foggy, 1 ball.
- Crochet Hook: G 4.00mm
- Other: Measuring Tape, Scissors, Yarn Needle.
- Gauge: 16 sts = 4".
- Finished Size: 12" wide by 65" long.
- Ch 261, or any multiple of 3.
- Row 1: Working into back bumps, sc in 2nd ch from hook and into each ch across. Turn. [260 sts]
- Row 2: Ch 2 (does not count as st, now and throughout), dc into first st and into each st across. Turn. [260 sts]
- Row 3: Ch 1, sc into first st and into each st across. Turn. [260 sts]
- Row 4: Ch 2, dc in first 2 sts, *ch 1, skip next st, dc in next 2 sts; repeat from * across. Turn. [174 sts and 86 ch-1 sps]
- Row 5: Ch 1, sc in first st and into each st and ch across. Turn. [260 sts]
- Rows 6-39: Rep Rows 2-5. Fasten Off at last row.