This double v-stitch crochet scarf pattern is perfect for year-round use. The elegant lace will compliment just about any outfit from a long-sleeved shirt to a summer dress.
The open stitch gives it lots of room to breathe, especially if worked up in a soft cotton for the summer. For the winter, I chose a worsted-weight yarn to help provide a layer of warmth over a sweater or underneath a jacket.
In addition to the pretty lace, this scarf also has a soft drape.
Another beauty of this crochet lace scarf is that it crochets up rather quickly, which makes it a great last-minute gift idea.
The finished size is approximately 9 inches wide by 62 inches long. However, a stitch multiple is provided so you can increase the width as needed. As for the length, simply continue with the pattern row until you are happy with the length.
I chose Pound of Love by Lion Brand for this free crochet scarf pattern. The worsted-weight yarn works well with a J crochet hook.
It comes in big balls, so you get a lot of yardage in each ball. I had lots of yarn left over.
Vanna’s Choice, also by Lion Brand would be a good substitute.
Crochet Scarf Stitch Pattern
The main crochet stitch used within this lacy scarf crochet pattern is the double v-stitch. It is made simply with 2 double crochets a chain and another 2 double crochets. Each v-stitch then has 2 chain stitches in between to create a nice open lace.
For the edge, I simply worked a few rounds of single crochets.
To get started, ch any multiple of 7 + 2 for the width.
Row 1: Dc in 3rd ch from hook.
The skipped chains do not count as a stitch.
Sk next 2 chs and dc into next ch.
This is the first stitch in the double v-stitch.
Work another dc into the same ch.
Work another 2 dc into same ch.
The first double v-stitch (2 dc, ch 1, 2 dc) is now complete.
*Ch 2, skip next 6 chs, dv-st in next ch.
Rep from * across to last 3 chs.
Sk next 2 chs, dc in last ch. Turn.
First row is complete.
Row 2: Ch 3 (counts as first dc), dv-st into space of next dv-st,
*ch 2, dv-st into sp of next dv-st; rep from * across; dc in last st.Turn.
Rep Row 2 until you have reached the length needed.
Lacy Double V-Stitch Scarf Pattern
- Yarn: Lion Brand Yarns – Pound Of Love (Medium, #4; 100% Premium Acrylic; 1020yds/932m; 16oz./454g) Color: Oxford Grey, 1 ball
- Crochet Hook: J – 6mm
- Tools: Measuring Tape, Scissors, Yarn Needle.
- Gauge: 2 stitch repeats = 4" approximately. (1 stitch repeat = 1 dv-st and ch-2)
- Finished Size: 9" wide by 62" long
Special Stitch Instructions
- DV-St: (2 dc, ch 1, 2 dc) into designated st.
- Ch 30, or any multiple of 7 + 2 to obtain the width that you want.
- Row 1: Dc in 3rd ch from hook (Skipped chs do not count as st.) sk next 2 chs, dv-st in next ch, *ch 2, sk next 6 chs, dv-st in next ch; rep from * across to last 3 chs, sk next 2 chs, dc in last ch. Turn. [4 dv-sts]
- Row 2: Ch 3 (counts as first dc), dv-st into sp of next dv-st, *ch 2, dv-st into sp of next dv-st; rep from * across; dc in last st. Turn. [4 dv-sts]
- Rows 3-79: Rep Row 2.
- Rnds 1-2: Ch 1, sc evenly around working 3 sc into each corner. Join with a slip stitch in first sc. Fasten off.