This double crochet and cross stitch crochet scarf pattern is worked up in a dk weight yarn, which makes it great for the spring weather. It’s nice and wide, and I made mine super long so it can be worn in many different ways.
Best of all, it’s a mindless and relaxing pattern that you can work on at the end of the day to help you wind down from a stressful day. It tires the body while relaxing the mind to help you sleep better at night. It works like magic every time.
The Stitch Pattern
The stitches are simple and easy to learn for anyone who has mastered the basic stitches. All you need to know is the single crochet, double crochet and the double crochet cross stitch.
The finished size measures 9.5 by 75 inches long. It’s a fairly nice size, but can be adjusted as needed. The stitch multiple is 2+1 for the starting chains, making it easy to crochet this for children and adults.
The scarf is worked in short rows until you get the desired length.
I used Red Heart Comfort Sport, which is a #3 lightweight yarn. It’s acrylic, but it’s perfect for scarves and other wearables for the winter. Plus, it gives you a nice drape, which is always good.
However, it’s easy to substitute your favorite yarn and hook size that you have on hand.
Mine is shown in a single color, but the pattern makes it easy to incorporate stripes, thus making it great for cleaning up your stash as well.
Other Patterns to Try
- Seeded Lace Simple and Light Crochet Scarf
- Clustered V-St Crochet Spring Scarf
- Half Double and V-Stitch Easy Crochet Scarf
- Simple Lace Crochet Scarf Pattern
- Triple Crochet Scarf Pattern
Purchase Your Ad-Free PDF
Double Crochet and Cross Stitch Scarf
- Yarn: Red Heart Comfort Sport (Light, #3; 100% Acrylic; 12.35oz/350g; 1144yds/1050m) Color: Guacamole, 1 ball
- Crochet Hook: H 5.00mm
- Other: Measuring Tape, Scissors, Yarn Needle.
- Gauge: 14 sts = 4".
- Finished Size: 9.5" wide by 75" long. However, it will stretch out to be longer.
- Ch 35, or any multiple of 2 + 1 to obtain the width of the scarf.
- Row 1: Working into back bumps, sc into 2nd ch from hook and into each ch across. Turn. [34 sts]
- Row 2: Ch 2 (does not count as st, now and throughout), dc in first st and into each st across. Turn. [34 sts]
- Row 3: Ch 1, sc into first st and into each st across. Turn. [34 sts]
- Row 4: Ch 2, dc in first 2 sts, *sk next st, dc in next st, backtrack and dc in skipped st; rep from * across to last 2 sts, dc in last 2 sts. Turn. [34 sts]
- Row 5: Ch 1, sc in first st and into each st across. Turn. [34 sts]
- Rows 6-191: Rep Rows 2-5 ending with row 3 at last row. Fasten Off at last row. [34 sts]