This v-stitch crochet lapghan works up quickly and easily. It is a mindless lapghan pattern to work on at night to help you unwind from a long day’s work.
The open stitch makes this perfect for the summer, but it can be used throughout the seasons. This is definitely one of those blankets that you will want to keep out close by your favorite chair or couch.
Plus, this v-stitch crochet blanket pattern makes for a nice gift for just about everyone and for every occasion. Whether it be a housewarming gift or a Christmas gift, it will be much appreciated by all.
The crochet lapghan pattern is the perfect size for cozying up on the couch, for toddlers, and for those in wheelchairs to keep them warm.
The finished size is 36 by 48 inches. However, a stitch multiple is provided so you can easily adjust to a custom size if needed. Use this crochet blanket sizes chart as a guide for sizing.
I used Bernat Premium yarn, which is a medium worsted weight acrylic yarn. It is very similar to Red Heart Super Saver, which by the way, would make for a great choice of yarn to make this.
I chose a solid color, but you could add a few stripes or choose any color combinations that you like.
The Stitch Pattern
To get started, ch any multiple of 7 + 2 for the width.
Row 1: Dc in 3rd ch from hook. Sk next 2 chs, dv-st in next ch. ch 2.
DV-St: (2 dc, ch 1, 2 dc) into the same ch or space.
Skip next 6 chs, dv-st into next ch.
*ch 2, sk6 next 6 chs, dv-st in next ch; repeat from * across to last 3 chs. Sk next 2 chs, dc in last ch. Turn.
First row is complete.
Row 2: Ch 3 (counts as first dc), dv-st into space of next dv-st,
*ch 2, dv-st into sp of next dv-st; rep from * across; dc in last st.Turn.
Repeat Row 2 until you have reached the length needed.
Lacy Double V-Stitch Crochet Lapghan
- Yarn: Bernat Premium (Worsted Weight, #4; 100% Acrylic; 7oz/198g; 360yds/329m) Color: Iced Aqua, 3 balls.
- Crochet Hook: H 5.50mm
- Other: Measuring Tape, Scissors, Yarn Needle.
- Gauge: 3 stitch repeats = 5.5" approximately. (1 stitch repeat = 1 dv-st and ch-2)
- Finished Size: 36" wide by 48" long.
Special Stitch Instructions
- DV-St: (2 dc, ch 1, 2 dc) into designated st.
- Ch 128, or any multiple of 7 + 2 to obtain the width that you want.
- Row 1: Dc in 3rd ch from hook (Skipped chs do not count as st.) sk next 2 chs, dv-st in next ch, *ch 2, sk next 6 chs, dv-st in next ch; rep from * across to last 3 chs, sk next 2 chs, dc in last ch. [18 dv-sts] Turn.
- Row 2: Ch 3 (counts as first dc), dv-st into sp of next dv-st, *ch 2, dv-st into sp of next dv-st; rep from * across; dc in last st. [18 v-sts] Turn.
- Rows 3-75: Rep Row 2.
- Rnds 1-2: Ch 1, sc evenly around working 3 sc into each corner. Join with a slip stitch in first sc. Fasten off.