Use this pattern to make a cozy crochet
The textures are created by working a single and
For this blanket I used Red Heart Super Saver. It’s a medium worsted weight #4 yarn. It’s economic 100% acrylic yarn, that is perfect for crocheting blankets.
It’s not the softest yarn to work with, but it does get softer in the wash. So, if you’re not allergic to acrylic, then this is one of the best yarns that you could choose for your blanket.
I used four colors, but you could just as well crochet this in a solid color as well if you like.
The finished size is 36 by 48 inches. This size of this is perfect for the lap while curling up on the couch for reading or watching television. It is also the perfect size for a toddler blanket. With that said, the pattern is very easy to adjust in size, making it great for any sized blanket from baby to a full-sized afghan.
Use this blanket size chart as a reference if you’d like to adjust the size.
Other Patterns to Try:
- Open Stitch Quick Crochet Lapghan Pattern
- Crochet Striped Blanket
- Super Bulky Easy Crochet Lapghan
- Slanted Cluster Crochet Toddler Blanket in Super Bulky Yarn
- Eyelet Rows Super Bulky Yarn Throw Pattern
Textured Stripes Crochet Lapghan
- Yarn: Red Heart Super Saver (Worsted Weight (#4) 100% acrylic, 7 oz/198g – 364 yds/333m) One ball of each color – CA = Yellow, CB = Brown, CC = Aran, CD = Green.
- Crochet Hook: H/8-5.00mm
- Other: Measuring Tape, Scissors, Yarn Needle.
- Gauge: 19 sc sts = 5" Approximately
- Finished Size: 36" x 48"
- Pattern Row 1: Join yarn with stsc, ch 1, *sk next st, (sc, ch 1) in next st; rep from * across ending with a sc in last in last st. FO. Turn. [70 sts and 69 ch-1 sps]
- Pattern Row 2: Join yarn with a stsc, tr in same st, *sk ch-1 sp, (sc, tr) in next sc; rep from * across ending with a sc in last st. FO. Turn. [139 sts]
- Pattern Row 3: Join yarn with a stsc, sc in next ch and into each st and ch across. FO. Turn. [139 sts]
- Pattern rows are worked as follows: 1, 2, 1, 3; 1, 2, 1, 3 etc.
- Colors are worked as follows: CA, CB, CA, CC, CD, CB, CD, CC; Then repeat.
Crochet Lapghan Pattern Instructions
- Row 1: With CA, ch 136, or any even number. (Sc, ch 1) in 2nd ch from hook, *sk next ch, (sc, ch 1) in next ch; rep from * across ending with a sc in last ch. FO. Turn. [70 sts and 69 ch-1 sps]
- Row 2: Work Pattern Row 2 with CB.
- Row 3: Work Pattern Row 1 with CA.
- Row 4: Work Pattern Row 3 with CC.
- Row 5: Work Pattern Row 1 with CD.
- Row 6: Work Pattern Row 2 with CB.
- Row 7: Work Pattern Row 1 with CD.
- Row 8: Work Pattern Row 3 with CC.
- Row 9: Work Pattern Row 1 with CA.
- Row 10: Work Pattern Row 2 with CB.
- Row 11: Work Pattern Row 1 with CA.
- Rows 12 -179: Rep Rows 4-11 for a total of 179 rows, or until you have reached a desired length.
- Rnd 1: Join CD and sc evenly around working 3 sc in each corner; join with sl st in first sc. FO.