This super bulky easy crochet lapghan pattern works up quick. It is the perfect size for cozying up on the couch, or for those in wheelchairs.
Although a bit long, this is also the perfect size for a toddler. However, if making this for a toddler, you may want to switch to bernat baby blanket yarn. I believe it has a similar gauge.
If you need to make this in other sizes, here is a blanket size chart to use as a reference. This pattern should work in any yarn and hook size as long as you make your beginning chains according to the size you want.
Purchase Your Ad-Free PDF
Super Bulky Easy Crochet Lapghan
- Yarn: Bernat Blanket (Super Bulky, #6; 100% Polyester; 10.5oz/300g; 220yds/201m) Color: Pale Gray, 3 balls.
- Crochet Hook: 12.00mm
- Other: Measuring Tape, Scissors, Yarn Needle.
- Gauge: 6 sts = 4".
- Finished Size: 36" wide by 52" long.
- Refer to this Blanket Sizes Chart if you want to make adjustments to the size.
- Ch 55, or any multiple of 3 + 1.
- Row 1: Dc in 3rd ch from hook and into each ch across. (Skipped chs do not count as st.) Turn. [53 sts]
- Row 2: Ch 1, sc into first st and into each st across. Turn. [53 sts]
- Row 3: Ch 2 (does not count as st, now and throughout), dc in first 2 sts, *ch 1, skip next st, dc in next 2 sts; repeat from * across. Turn. [36 sts and 17 ch-1 sps]
- Row 4: Ch 1, sc into first st and into each st and ch across. Turn. [53 sts]
- Row 5: Ch 2, dc into first st and into each st across. Turn. [53 sts]
- Rows 6-53: Rep Rows 2-5.
- Ch 1, sc evenly around working 3 sc into each corner; join with a slip stitch in first sc. FO.