If you’re looking for something quick and easy, then this super bulky yarn throw pattern is for you. It’s mindless and can be worked up in a day or so, depending on how much time you have to crochet.
The beginning and end of the rows are worked a bit different because I wanted the edges to be straight, but I didn’t want to add an edging. I’ve included a video tutorial at the end of the written pattern in case you need it.
I chose a solid color to match my couches, but this pattern would be easy to work up cheerful or neutral stripes.
Other Blankets to Try:
- Growing Stripes Super Bulky Crochet Throw Pattern
- Broomstick Lace Crochet Baby Blanket with Ruffled Edge
- Bulky Triple Crochet Afghan Pattern
- Slanted Cluster Crochet Toddler Blanket in Super Bulky Yarn
- Lacy Round Crochet Blanket Pattern
Purchase Your Ad-Free PDF
Eyelet Rows Super Bulky Yarn Throw Pattern
- Yarn: Bernat Blanket (Super Bulky, #6; 100% Polyester; 10.5oz/300g; 220yds/201m) Color: Country Blue, 3 balls
- Crochet Hook: 12.00mm
- Other: Measuring Tape, Scissors, Yarn Needle.
- Gauge: 6 sts = 4".
- Finished Size: 48" wide by 60" long.
Special Stitch Instructions
- Dc2tog: Yo and insert hk into the first st, yo and pull up a lp, yo and pull through 2 lps on hk (2 lps left). Yo and insert hk into the next st, yo and pull up a lp, yo and pull through 2 lps (3 lps left on hk). Yo and pull through all 3 lps on hk.
- Hdc2tog: Yo and insert hk into the first st, yo and pull up a lp; yo and insert hk into the next st, yo and pull up a lp (5 lps on hk); yo and pull through all 5 lps on hk.
- The chains made at the beginning of each row count as your first stitch made. Another stitch is worked into the first stitch for a total of 2 stitches made in the first stitch.
- Then at the end of the row, a decrease is made over the last 2 stitches to maintain the stitch count. This helps to keep the edges straighter.
- Loosely Ch 74, or any multiple of 2.
- Row 1: Working into back bumps, dc in 4th ch from hk and into each ch across. (Skipped chs count as first st.) Turn. [72 sts]
- Row 2: Ch 2 (counts as first hdc), (hdc, ch 1) in first st, *sk next st, (hdc, ch 1) in next st; repeat from * across to the last 3 sts, sk next st, hdc2tog over the last 2 sts. Turn. [35 ch-1 sps]
- Row 3: Ch 3 (counts as first dc), dc in first st and in each st and ch across to last 2 sts; dc2tog over last 2 sts. Turn. [72 sts]
- Rows 4-53: Repeat rows 2 and 3. Fasten Off at last row.