If you’re looking for something quick and easy that you can whip up in a weekend, then this triple crochet afghan pattern is for you. Not only does this work up quick, but it’s also a mindless pattern to relax with at the end of the day.
The bulky yarn and triple crochet stitches work together to make this project go fast. But, I found it tiring on my wrists and had to take frequent breaks. Aside from that it was a fun blanket to work on.
It’s shown here in a solid color, but in a striped color design you can easily turn this into a bright and cheerful blanket for any room in the house.
There is no stitch count in the pattern so you can basically crochet this to any size you want from a baby to a full-sized bed covering.
Bulky Triple Crochet Afghan Pattern
- Yarn: Bernat Blanket Brights (Super Chunky, #6; 100% Polyester; 10.5oz/300g; 220yds/201m) Color: Go-Go Green, 5 balls
- Crochet Hook: N 9.00mm
- Other: Scissors, Yarn Needle
- Gauge: Approximately 9 sts = 5".
- Finished Size: 48.5" wide by 60" long.
- RS = Right Side
- WS = Wrong Side
- Bltr = Back Loop Triple Crochet
- Ch/Chs = Chain/Chains
- Flsc = Front Loop Single Crochet
- Flsc2tog = Front Loop Single Crochet 2 Together
- Sc = Single Crochet
- St/Sts = Stitch/Stitches
- Ch 88, or any number to obtain the width you need.
Row 1: (WS) Working into back bumps, sc in 2nd ch from hook and into each ch across. Turn. [87 sts]
Row 2: (RS) Ch 4 (does not count as st now and throughout), bltr in first st and into each st across. Turn. [87 sts]
Row 3: Ch 1, flsc in first st and into each st across to last st and ch-4; flsc2tog into last st and top of ch-4. Turn. [87 sts]
Rows 4-51: Rep Rows 2 and 3.
- With RS facing, ch 1 and sc evenly around working 3 sc into each corner. Fasten Off.