If you’re looking for something quick and easy that you can whip up in a weekend, then this triple crochet afghan pattern is for you. The bulky yarn and triple crochet stitches work together to make this project go fast. Better yet, if you don’t mind the thick yarn, it is a mindless pattern to relax with at the end of the day.
The crochet blanket pattern is shown here in a solid color, but in a striped color design you can easily turn this into a bright and cheerful blanket for any room in the house. Regardless of what what you choose, this will make for the perfect gift for just about anyone on your list.
This simple crochet blanket pattern is perfect for beginners who are comfortable working with a thick yarn. The easy stitch pattern consists only of the single and triple crochet stitches, which are alternated between the rows.
The finished size is 48.5″ wide by 60″ long. But, there is no stitch count, so you can basically crochet this to any size you want from a baby to a full-sized bed covering. You can refer to this Blanket Sizes Chart if you’re not sure on the different sizes you need.
The yarn used is Bernat Blanket. It is a super bulky yarn made with 100% polyester material. It is a beautiful and soft yarn, but some people are allergic to the material. Just keep that in mind if you plan on making this as a gift.
The good news is that you can make this in other yarns too. Just make adjustments to the starting chains if you choose a yarn that is thinner. Another option is to double up on a worsted yarn, which will get you a nice thickness as well.
Other Patterns to Try:
- Slanted Cluster Crochet Toddler Blanket in Super Bulky Yarn
- Broomstick Lace Crochet Baby Blanket with Ruffled Edge
- V-Stitch Crochet Blanket
- Lacy Round Crochet Blanket
- Textured Stripes Crochet Lapghan
Bulky Triple Crochet Afghan Pattern
- Yarn: Bernat Blanket Brights (Super Chunky, #6; 100% Polyester; 10.5oz/300g; 220yds/201m) Color: Go-Go Green, 5 balls
- Crochet Hook: N 9.00mm
- Other: Scissors, Yarn Needle
- Gauge: Approximately 9 sts = 5".
- Finished Size: 48.5" wide by 60" long.
- RS = Right Side
- WS = Wrong Side
- Bltr = Back Loop Triple Crochet
- Ch/Chs = Chain/Chains
- Flsc = Front Loop Single Crochet
- Flsc2tog = Front Loop Single Crochet 2 Together
- Sc = Single Crochet
- St/Sts = Stitch/Stitches
- Ch 88, or any number to obtain the width you need.
- Row 1: (WS) Working into back bumps, sc in 2nd ch from hook and into each ch across. Turn. [87 sts]
- Row 2: (RS) Ch 4 (does not count as st now and throughout), bltr in first st and into each st across. Turn. [87 sts]
- Row 3: Ch 1, flsc in first st and into each st across to last st and ch-4; flsc2tog into last st and top of ch-4. Turn. [87 sts]
- Rows 4-51: Rep Rows 2 and 3.
- With RS facing, ch 1 and sc evenly around working 3 sc into each corner. Fasten Off.