The single crochet stitch is great for the foundation row and looks great around the edges. It’s great for making dishcloths
The only downfall of this stitch is that the projects don’t work up as fast as you would like to sometimes. Therefore, it’s not the greatest when making blankets. However, if you’re looking to make a cozy blanket then it’s the perfect stitch for that as well.
The video below demonstrates how to make the stitch using a medium worsted weight yarn and an H crochet
Single Crochet Patterns to Try:
- Beginner Crochet Dishcloth Pattern with Striped Option
- Single Crochet Beanie Pattern
- Single Crochet Bag
- Growing Stripes Super Bulky Crochet Throw Pattern
- Easy Single Crochet Patterns for Beginners and Advanced Beginners (Roundup)
How to Single Crochet
- Sc = Single Crochet
Special Stitch Instructions
- Insert hook in stitch indicated, yarn over and pull up a loop. Yarn over and pull through both loops on hook.
- To make the stitch, you simply insert your hook into the next stitch or chain made in the previous row.
- Wrap your yarn over the hook and pull through.
- You should have two loops on the hook.
- Wrap your yarn over again and pull through both loops on the hook. That completes your first single crochet.
- And that's it! The single crochet is complete: