This light and lacy crochet wrap pattern is worked up in half doubles, chains and the v-stitch to give it a simple, yet elegant lace to go with just about anything in your wardrobe.
I used Red Heart It’s A Wrap yarn. It’s a super fine cotton blend yarn, which makes this perfect for the summer. The super fine yarn also contributes to a nice drape, which means you have many options for wearing this. As shown above you have a nice summer wrap, and below you have a cozy winter scarf.
You can also sew the ends together for a cozy cowl. In this case you might want to reduce the length a bit, which is easy to do in the multiple provided.
The best part about this wrap is that you only need one-skein to make it, and you can easily substitute any yarn you like.
It’s a mindless pattern, but I did find it a bit hard on the eyes, especially in the evening. Crocheting during the day in a well-lit area helps to ease the strain.
Other Patterns to Check Out:
- Cluster V-St Small Shell Crochet Shoulder Wrap
- Simple Lace Crochet Summer Wrap Pattern
- Summer Crochet Lace Wrap
- Open Stitch Easy Rectangular Crochet Shawl Pattern
- Granny Stitch Crochet Shawl Pattern
Purchase Your Ad-Free PDF
Half Double and V-Stitch Super Fine Crochet Wrap
- Yarn: Red Heart It's A Wrap (Super Fine, #1; 50% Cotton, 50% Acrylic; 7oz/200g; 1100yds/1006m) Color: Western, 1 ball.
- Crochet Hook: E 3.50mm
- Other: Measuring Tape, Scissors, Yarn Needle, Area or Mat for Blocking
- Gauge: 19 sts = 4".
- Finished Size: Block to 65" long by 20" wide.
- Ch/Chs = Chain/Chains
- Hdc = Half Double Crochet
- Sk = Skip
- St/Sts = Stitch/Stitches
- V-St = V-Stitch
Special Stitch Instructions
- V-St: (hdc, ch 1, hdc) into designated st.
- Ch 322, or any multiple of 4 + 2.
- Row 1: Working into back bumps, hdc in 2nd ch from hook and into each ch across. Turn. [321 hdc]
- Row 2: Ch 1, hdc in first st, sk next st, (v-st, ch 1) in next st, *sk next 3 sts, (v-st, ch 1) in next st; repeat from * across to last 2 sts omitting last ch-1, sk next st, hdc in last st. Turn. [80 v-sts]
- Row 3: Ch 1, hdc in first st and into each st and ch across. Turn. [321 hdc]
- Rows 4-65: Repeat Rows 2 and 3. Fasten Off at last row.