We are just heading into spring weather, but this crochet summer wrap pattern takes a while to crochet, so it makes sense to share this with you now so you have it all set by the time summer comes around.
I used a super fine yarn, Red Heart It’s A Wrap. You can purchase it at the Yarnspirations website or other online yarn stores. For some reason, I’m not able to find it at my local yarn shops, but that is okay, I still love the yarn and hope to do lots more designs with it.
The wrap has an awesome drape to it, which makes it great for any occasion and any outfit from plain jeans and a tank to a fancy evening gown. Plus, you can wear it in many ways as you like.
With a shawl pin, you can wear it wrapped around, or wear it like a cozy scarf in the winter months. So it’s not just for summer, but throughout the year. Another option would be to sew the ends together for a cozy cowl as well.
Other Patterns to Check Out:
- Bead and Lace Shawl
- Cluster V-St Small Shell Crochet Shoulder Wrap
- Half Double and V-Stitch Super Fine Crochet Wrap
- Open Stitch Easy Rectangular Crochet Shawl Pattern
- Granny Stitch Crochet Shawl Pattern
Purchase Your Ad-Free PDF
Simple Lace Crochet Summer Wrap Pattern
- Yarn: Red Heart It's A Wrap (Super Fine, #1; 50% Cotton, 50% Acrylic; 7oz/200g; 1100yds/1006m) Color: Western, 1 ball.
- Crochet Hook: E 3.50mm
- Other: Measuring Tape, Scissors, Yarn Needle, Area or Mat for Blocking.
- Gauge (Before Blocking): 15 sts = 3".
- Gauge (After Blocking): 14 sts = 3".
- Finished Size (After Blocking): 20.5" by 63"
- Ch 299, or any multiple of 6 + 5.
- Row 1: Working into back bumps, sc in 2nd ch from hook and into each ch across. Turn [298 sts]
- Row 2: Ch 3 (counts as first dc, now and throughout), dc in next st and into each st across. Turn [298 sts]
- Row 3: Ch 1, sc in first 4 sts, *ch 2, sk next 2 sts, sc in next 4 sts; rep from * across. Turn [200 sts and 49 ch-2 sps]
- Row 4: Ch 3, dc in next st, ch 1, sk next 2 sts, work 4 dc in ch 2 sp, *ch 2, sk next 4 sts, 4 dc in next ch-2 sp; rep from * across to last 4 sts, ch 1, sk next 2 sts, dc in last 2 sts. Turn [200 sts, 48 ch-2 sps, 2 ch-1 sps]
- Row: 5: Ch 1, sc in first st and into each st and into each ch across. Turn [298 sts]
- Row 6-69: Rep rows 2-5.
- Row 70: Rep row 2.
- Row 71: Ch 1, sc in first st and into each st across. Fasten off or work the edging.
- Working from right side, ch 1, sc evenly around working 3 sc in each corner; join with slip stitch in first sc. Fasten Off.