The double crochet stitch is a basic stitch that is easy to master by absolute crochet beginners. The easy crochet stitch can be incorporated into any crochet project including dishcloths, bags, blankets, granny squares, hats and scarves, just to name a few.
I’ve included a short video tutorial along with a photo tutorial to help you learn this easy crochet stitch.
How to Make a Double Crochet Stitch
- Any yarn and hook size suitable for the yarn.
- dc = Double Crochet
Basic Stitch Instructions
- Yarn over, insert hook in stitch indicated, yarn over and pull up a loop, (yarn over and pull through 2 loops on hook) twice.
- Wrap the yarn over the hook.
- Insert your hook into designated stitch, chain or space.
- Grab the yarn at the back of your work.
- Pull the yarn through. You should have 3 loops on the hook.
- Wrap the yarn over the hook and pull through 2 loops on the hook. You should have 2 loops left on the hook.
- Wrap the yarn over the hook again and pull through last 2 loops on the hook.
- Your double crochet is now complete.