This is my first crochet pattern for this doll. It is an easy vest that can be crocheted up in less than an hour. You can make it with leftover yarns from other projects as you only need a very small amount. Thus, the perfect stashbuster pattern for yarn that you would otherwise throw out.
The crochet doll vest pattern makes for the perfect gift idea for any young child who likes to play with their fashion dolls.
I chose Bernat Satin, which is a medium worsted-weight acrylic yarn. Any similar yarn will work.
The pattern is suitable for beginners as it uses very simple stitches, such as the single crochet (sc) and chains (ch/chs). It also uses the foundation single crochet (fsc), which is also fairly easy to do.
As a matter of fact, this could potentially be a first project for a young child to master. It gives them the opportunity to learn to shape a simple garment for their beloved doll.
Fashion Doll Vest ~ Vest for Ken
- Yarn: Bernat Satin Yarn
- Crochet Hook: G/6-4.25MM
- Tools: Scissors, Yarn Needle.
- Fit the 11.5" Ken doll.
- This pattern is worked in one piece from the front left, to the back and around to the front right.
- Ch 9,
- Row 1: Sc in 2nd ch from hook and in each ch across. (8 sts) Ch 8. Turn.
- Row 2: Sc in 2nd ch from hook and in each ch and st across. (15 sts) Turn.
- Row 3: Ch 1, sc in first 9 sts. Turn.
- Row 4: Ch 1, sk first st, sc in 2nd st and in each st across. (8 sts) Turn.
- Row 5: Ch 1, sc in each st across. (8 sts) Turn.
- Rows 6-10: Repeat row 5.
- Row 11: Ch 1, sc in each st across, fsc in last st. (9 sts) Ch 7. Turn.
- Row 12: Sc in 2nd ch from hook and in each ch and st across. (15 sts) Turn.
- Row 13: Ch 1, sc in first 14 sts. Turn.
- Rows 14-18: Repeat row 5. (14 sts)
- Row 19: Ch 1, sc in each st across. (14 sts) Ch 2. Turn.
- Row 20: Sc in 2nd ch from hook and in each st across. (15 sts) Turn.
- Rows 21-22: Repeat rows 3 and 4.
- Rows 23-28: Repeat row 5. (8 sts) Turn.
- Rows 29-30: Repeat rows 11 and 12
- Row 31: Ch 1, sc in first 8 sts. Fasten off, leaving a tail long enough to sew the front together.
- Sew the shoulder seams.