This quick and easy crochet pattern for doll blanket is a nice way to clean up your yarn stash while making a little something for your little ones to play with.
The finished size is 12 inches square, making it perfect for the Barbie doll. But you can easily adjust this in a simple multiple for other dolls as well. Or, make a pretty baby blanket if you like.
I used a single
Also, since this is so easy to adjust in size, you can basically use any yarn and hook size that you want. Just make adjustments in a multiple of three to get the width that you need.
This crochet pattern for doll blanket features the half double crochet v-stitch. You can also rotate the stitch with the double crochet v-stitch for a slightly different look. Here is what it looks like in a dishcloth pattern.
Other Patterns to Try:
- Doll Ottoman
- Fashion Doll Caps
- Hooded Jacket for 11.5″ Fashion Doll
- ESC Simple Fashion Doll Shrug
- Striped Doll Beanie
V-Stitch Crochet Pattern for Doll Blanket
- Yarn: Red Heart Super Saver (Worsted Weight (#4) 100% acrylic, 7 oz/198g – 364 yds/333m)
- Crochet Hook: H/8-5.00mm
- Other: Measuring Tape, Scissors, Yarn Needle.
- 12" by 12" without an edging.
- Ch/Chs = Chain/Chains
- Hdc = Half Double Crochet
- Rep = Repeat
- Sk = Skip
- Sp/Sps = Space/Spaces
- St/Sts = Stitch/Stitches
- V-St = V Stitch
Special Stitch Instructions
- V-st: (hdc, ch 1, hdc) in designated ch or sp.
- Ch 51, or any multiple of 3.
- Row 1: Hdc in 2nd ch from hook, sk next ch, v-st in next ch *sk next 2 chs, v-st in next ch; rep from * across to last 2 chs, sk next ch, hdc in last ch. Turn. [16 v-sts]
- Row 2: Ch 1, hdc in first st, v-st in first v-st and into each v-st across. Hdc in last st. Turn.
- Rows 3-30: Repeat Row 2. Fasten off at last row.
- Single crochet evenly around working 3 sts into each corner. Join with a slip stitch. Fasten Off.