Here is a pretty crochet hat and cowl for the fashion doll. It has a pretty stitch pattern and texture that any little girl is going to appreciate! It is worked up in a thread, so you get a lot of nice textures.
You don’t need much thread to crochet this set, making it great for cleaning up your yarn stash while making something adorable for your children.
The Stitch Pattern
The hat is started at the brim and worked in the round right from the beginning. Instead of ribbing, I worked a round of a beaded stitch.
The the rest of the doll hat pattern is worked with the half double crochet cross stitch. The stitch is worked in every row so you have a nice consistent texture. Who knew it would result in such a pretty fabric?
The cowl too is worked with the cross stitch. I didn’t do the bead stitch around the edges as that wouldn’t have given me much room to work the cross stitches.
The Finished Size
The finished size is for the 11.5″ fashion doll, commonly referred to as Barbie. But, the stitch pattern is a multiple of 2 for your starting chains, so you could basically increase this for other dolls as well.
I used a size 10 crochet thread with a 1.65mm steel crochet hook. A yarn similar to that size should work just as well, and might even give you more stretch than than what the thread does.
Other Patterns to Try
- Ribbed Fashion Doll Hat
- ESC Simple Summer Sun Hat for the Fashion Doll
- Picot Friendly Hat & Cowl for the Fashion Doll
- Fashion Doll Caps
- Fashion Doll Cowl & Ear Warmer
A Pretty Hat & Cowl for the Fashion Doll
- Crochet Thread: Size 10
- Other: Measuring Tape, Scissors, Yarn Needle.
- Crochet Hook: 1.65mm
- Fits the 11.5" Fashion Doll
- Bead St = Bead Stitch
- Ch/Chs = Chain/Chains
- FO = Fasten Off
- Hdc = Half Double Crochet
- Hk = Hook
- Lp/Lps = Loop/Loops
- Rep = Repeat
- Sc = Single Crochet
- Sk = Skip
- Sl St = Slip Stitch
- St/Sts = Stitch/Stitches
- YO = Yarn Over
Special Stitch Instructions
- Bead St: Insert hk into indicated st, yo and pull through, (yo and pull through one lp on hk) twice, yo and pull through both lps on hk. When you work into the next stitch make sure that the bobble is facing.
- Bead Stitch
- Crochet Cross Stitch Tutorial
- Crochet into Back Bumps
- Ch 34, join with sl st to first ch being careful not to twist.
- Rnd 1: Working into back bumps, ch 1, sc into same ch as join and into each ch around; join with sl st in first sc. (34 sts)
- Rnd 2: Ch 1, work bead st in same st as join, sc in next st, *bead st in next st, sc in next st; rep from * around; join with sl st to first bead st. (34 sts)
- Rnds 3-9: Ch 1, sk st where join was made, hdc in next st, hdc in skipped st (same st as where join was made), *sk next st, hdc in next st, hdc in skipped st; rep from * around; join with sl st in first hdc. (34 sts) FO at last round leaving a 5-8" tail to weave into the last round and close off the hat.
- Ch 70, join with sl st in first ch being careful not to twist.
- Rnd 1: Working into back bumps, ch 1, sc into same ch as join and into each ch around; join with sl st in first sc. (70 sts)
- Rnds 2-5: Ch 1, sk st where join was made, hdc in next st, hdc in skipped st (same st as where join was made), *sk next st, hdc in next st, hdc in skipped st; rep from * around; join with sl st in first hdc.
- Rnd 6: Ch 1, sc in same st as join and into each st around; join with sl st. FO.
Check out the entire collection for the Fashion Doll Free Crochet Patterns
Leave a Reply