Fashion Doll Caps
This fashion doll baseball cap pattern is available in two sizes for both Ken and Barbie. Both are basically the same, except that the Ken doll baseball cap is slightly larger than Barbie’s. The hat is just the right size for Ken and Barbie, but may be perfect for other 11.5 inch dolls as well.
Both can be worked up in a jiffy and are suitable for beginners. The only thing that might be tricky for beginners is the fact that it’s such a small project. It can be awkward to hold onto, but with some practice, it’s really quite easy.
You only need a small amount of yarn, and it is the perfect accessory for any child who loves baseball and their dolls.
Make this Barbie baseball cap to go with a doll’s sports outfit or with a t-shirt and jeans outfit. Either way, your children are sure to enjoy these caps.
To make this crochet Barbie hat, the only stitches you need to know are single, half, and double crochets! It is worked in rounds with the single crochet until you get to the brim, where you work a single row of half and double crochets to shape the brim of the hat.
I used Bernat Satin, a medium #4 worsted weight acrylic yarn. But any yarn in similar weight should work. I liked the satin because of the shine, but it’s totally your call.
The pattern is a great stashbuster, allowing you to use up the smallest amounts of yarn scraps. So why not make a bunch in a variety of colors to match all your doll’s outfits. It would be the perfect stocking stuffer, not only for your children, but for their friends as well!
And because they are so cost effective and quick to make, they would also be perfect for selling at flea markets!
Other Patterns to Try
- Mini or Long Crochet Barbie Dress
- Striped Doll Beanie
- Fashion Doll Summer Dress
- Simple Striped Headband and Cowl for the Fashion Doll
- Ribbed Fashion Doll Hat
Fashion Doll Baseball Caps
- Yarn: Bernat Satin (Worsted Weight, #4; 100% Acrylic) Small amount.
- Hook Size: 6-4.00MM
- Other: Scissors, Yarn Needle.
- Two Sizes: One to fit Barbie and the other for Ken.
- Ch = Chain
- Dc = Double Crochet
- Hdc = Half Double Crochet
- Rnd/Rnds = Round/Rounds
- Sc = Single Crochet
- Sl St = Slip Stitch
- St/Sts = Stitch/Stitches
- The pattern is given for the small, special instructions for the larger cap are given in the parenthesis ().
- Ch 3, join with sl st to form circle.
- Rnd 1: Ch 1, 2 sc in each ch. Join with sl st. (6 sts)
- Rnd 2: Ch 1, 2 sc in each st around. Join with sl st. (12 sts)
- Rnd 3: Ch 1, sc in first st, 2 sc in next 1 (2) sts, *sc in next st, 2 sc in next 1 (2) sts,repeat from * around. Join with sl st. (18 (20) sts)
- Rnds 4-7: Ch 1, sc in each st around. Join with sl st. (18, (20) sts)
- Rnd 8: Ch 1, sc in first 6 (7) sts, hdc in next st, 2 dc in next 4 sts, hdc in next st, sc in last 6 (7) sts. Join with sl st. Fasten off.
Visit CPB for more FREE Fashion Doll Crochet Patterns.
This is adorable! I was able to whip one up for my hubby’s niece in a matter of minutes. I did slightly modify my approach to the pattern (I began with a magic circle, ch 1, and then jumped right in with 6 sc into the circle), but otherwise I followed your pattern. :) It was very easy to understand. Thank you so very much for sharing this with all of us. :)
very cute and works up fat thank you very much,
would you have one for a cowboy hat for barbie
Sorry, I don’t at the moment.