These fashion doll caps are for both Ken and Barbie. Both are basically the same, except that Ken’s is slightly larger than Barbie’s. Both can be worked up in a jiffy and are suitable for beginners. The only thing that might be tricky for beginners is the fact that it’s such a small project. It can be awkward to hold onto, but with some practice, it’s really quite easy.
Make this Barbie baseball cap to go with other sporty clothes and watch as your children play make-believe ball with their favorite dolls. Or, make them to go with a plain t-shirt and jeans outfit. Either way, your children are sure to enjoy these caps.
To make this crochet Barbie hat, the only stitches you need to know are single, half, and double crochets! It is worked in rounds with the single crochet until you get to the brim, where you work a single row of half and double crochets to shape the brim.
I used Bernat Satin, a medium #4 worsted weight acrylic yarn. But any yarn in similar weight should work. I liked the satin because of the shine, but it’s totally your call.
The pattern is a great stashbuster, allowing you to use up the smallest amounts of yarn scraps. So why not make a bunch in a variety of colors to match all your doll’s outfits. It would be the perfect stocking stuffer, not only for your children, but for their friends as well!
And because they are so cost effective and quick to make, they would also be perfect for selling at flea markets!
Other Patterns to Try
- Mini or Long Crochet Barbie Dress
- Striped Doll Beanie
- Fashion Doll Summer Dress
- Simple Striped Headband and Cowl for the Fashion Doll
- Ribbed Fashion Doll Hat
Fashion Doll Caps
- Yarn: Bernat Satin (Worsted Weight, #4; 100% Acrylic) Small amount.
- Hook Size: 6-4.00MM
- Other: Scissors, Yarn Needle.
- Two Sizes: One to fit Barbie and the other for Ken.
- The pattern is given for the small, special instructions for the larger cap are given in the parenthesis ().
- Ch 3, join with sl st to form circle.
- Rnd 1: Ch 1, 2 sc in each ch. Join with sl st. (6 sts)
- Rnd 2: Ch 1, 2 sc in each st around. Join with sl st. (12 sts)
- Rnd 3: Ch 1, sc in first st, 2 sc in next 1 (2) sts, *sc in next st, 2 sc in next 1 (2) sts,repeat from * around. Join with sl st. (18 (20) sts)
- Rnds 4-7: Ch 1, sc in each st around. Join with sl st. (18, (20) sts)
- Rnd 8: Ch 1, sc in first 6 (7) sts, hdc in next st, 2 dc in next 4 sts, hdc in next st, sc in last 6 (7) sts. Join with sl st. Fasten off.
Visit CPB for more FREE Fashion Doll Crochet Patterns.