This cozy lapghan crochet pattern is worked up in simple, yet cozy stitches to keep you warm in the cold winter months. Whether you like to cozy up on the couch or need a little extra warmth while working at your desk, this crochet lap blanket is just what you need.
Better yet, the stitch pattern is gender-neutral, which makes it ideal for gifting to everyone on your holiday list.
Finished Crochet Lapghan Size
The finished size is 36 by 48 inches.
It is perfect for those who spend a lot of time in chairs, including those in wheelchairs. The blanket can be tucked under the legs to keep super warm.
The measurements are also the perfect size for toddlers during nap time.
That said, the blanket is super easy to adjust to any size you need from preemie to full-sized blankets for the bed. This crochet size chart for blankets can help to make it easy to adjust the size.
I chose Bernat Premium, which is a medium-weight acrylic yarn. Any similar worsted-weight yarn will work just as well.
I worked mine in a solid color, but the stitch pattern makes it super easy to add a few stripes or blocks of color as you like. The stitch pattern makes it super easy for you to change color after each row, or however many you want.
The Stitch Pattern
For this crochet lapghan pattern I chose the single crochet cross stitch worked in between rows of single crochet stitches. The single crochet cross stitch is on the short side, which helps to pull the stitches together, thus creating a solid and cozy fabric.
You Might Also Enjoy These Crochet Afghan Patterns
- Super Bulky Easy Crochet Lapghan
- Open Stitch Quick Crochet Lapghan Pattern
- Half Double and V-Stitch Chunky Crochet Lapghan
- Textured Stripes Crochet Lapghan
- Puffy Spike Stitch Crochet Blanket
Single Crochet and Cross Stitch Lapghan Crochet Pattern
- Yarn: Bernat Premium (Worsted Weight, #4; 100% Acrylic; 7oz/198g; 360yds/329m) Color: Sky Gray, 5 balls.
- Crochet Hook: H – 5mm
- Other: Measuring Tape, Scissors, Yarn Needle.
- Gauge: 15 sts and 14 rows = 4". Gauge is not important.
- Finished Size: 36" by 48" – lapghan, or toddler blanket.
- When you do the edging, choose which side you prefer as the right side and then work the edging from that side.
- Ch 137, or any multiple of 2 + 1.
- Row 1: Sc in 2nd ch from hook and into each ch across. Turn. [136 sts]
- Row 2: Ch 1, sc in first 2 sts, *sk next st, sc in next st, backtrack and sc in skipped st; rep from * across to the last 2 sts, sc in the last 2 sts. Turn. [136 sts]
- Row 3: Ch 1, sc in first st and into each st across. Turn. [136 sts]
- Rows 4-167: Rep Rows 2 and 3. Fasten Off at the last row. [136 sts]
- Rnd 1: With Right Side facing ch 1, sc evenly around working 3 sc into each corner; join with sl st in first sc.