This chunky crochet lapghan works up quick and easy. It has a bit of an open stitch, but with the chunky yarn, you can still find a nice level of warmth for your legs as you relax in your favorite chair.
It was my first time working with Red Heart Comfort Chunky and I loved it. It’s the same material as the regular comfort yarn, only it’s a bit thicker. So it works up quickly as well, which makes it great for blankets and such.
I made mine the size for a comfortable lapghan, but in a simple multiple of four, you can easily make this to any size you want. Make it to your own measurements, or use this blanket sizes chart to make it easy for you.
Other Patterns to Try:
- Growing Stripes Super Bulky Crochet Throw Pattern
- Bulky Triple Crochet Afghan
- Lacy Round Crochet Blanket Pattern
- Super Bulky Easy Crochet Lapghan
- Eyelet Rows Super Bulky Yarn Throw Pattern
Purchase Your Ad-Free PDF
Half Double and V-Stitch Chunky Crochet Lapghan
- Yarn: Red Heart Comfort Chunky (Bulky, #5; 100% Acrylic; 12.7oz/360g; 448yds/410m) Color: White, 2 balls (I did mine with two balls, but it came close, thus depending on how you crochet, you may need a third ball.)
- Crochet Hook: K 6.50mm
- Other: Measuring Tape, Scissors, Yarn Needle
- Gauge: 10 sts = 4".
- Finished Size: 38" x 48"
- Ch/Chs = Chain/Chains
- Hdc = Half Double Crochet
- Sk = Skip
- St/Sts = Stitch/Stitches
- V-St = V Stitch
Special Stitch Instructions
- V-St: (hdc, ch 1, hdc) into designated st.
- Ch 98, or any multiple of 4 + 2.
- Row 1: Working into back bumps, hdc in 2nd ch from hook and into each ch across. Turn. [97 hdc]
- Row 2: Ch 1, hdc in first st, sk next st, (v-st, ch 1) in next st, *sk next 3 sts, (v-st, ch 1) in next st; repeat from * across to last 2 sts omitting last ch-1, sk next st, hdc in last st. Turn. [24 v-sts]
- Row 3: Ch 1, hdc in first st and into each st and ch across. Turn. [97 hdc]
- Rows 4-79: Repeat Rows 2 and 3. Fasten Off