This crochet twisted headband pattern is perfect for spring or fall weather when it’s cold, but not too cold! It is a nice alternative to a hat, and can be worn to hold the hair back or to keep your ears and forehead nice and cozy!
This crochet headband pattern can be worked up in a small amount of yarn, which makes it an ideal pattern for stashbusting. Plus, the size is adjustable, making it easy to make up a whole bunch for gifts.
How It’s Made
The stitch used here is the Crochet Blossom Stitch. It has a bit of an open lace. The pattern uses basic crochet stitches and can be replicated by beginners who are comfortable with the basics and know how to read a pattern.
It is worked in rows to the size you want, and then the ends are sewn together to make the twist.
How Do You Sew A Twisted Headband Together?
Step 1. To sew the twist, fold the band lengthwise with the Wrong Sides facing the outside and the Right Sides together.
Step 2. Layer the band as shown so that the edges overlap from the center. You can place your stitch markers in the middle if you like. I just eyeballed it, because you can adjust it in Step 5 as needed.
Step 3. Then fold one end over the other as shown below.
Step 4. Next, fold the second end over so that the ends interlock.
Step. 5. You should have four layers. Make adjustments as needed to make sure everything is centered evenly.
Step 6. With your tail end of the yarn, and using a tapestry needle, sew across making sure to go through all four layers.
Step 7. Turn right side out to hide the seam. Easy Peasy!!!
The finished size is shown on an adult small, but in a mutliple of 4 + 2 you can easily customize this for any size you need! If you need to make adjustments, you can use this ear warmer size chart as a reference.
I used Bernat Premium yarn with a 5.5 mm crochet hook. It’s a worsted weight acrylic yarn. Any similar yarn that gives you a good stretch can be substituted. Vanna’s Choice is a good alternative for this band.
See More Crochet Headband Patterns
- Slanted Cluster Crochet Headband Pattern
- Striped Crochet Headband Pattern
- Crochet Headband Pattern
- Easy Popcorn Womens Ear Warmer Headband
- Charisma Chunky Crochet Ear Warmer
Blossom Stitch Crochet Twisted Headband
- Yarn: Bernat Premium (Worsted Weight, #4; 100% Acrylic; 7oz/198g; 360yds/329m) Color: Coral Peach, 1 ball
- Crochet Hook Size: I 5.50mm
- Other: Measuring Tape, Scissors, Yarn Needle.
- Gauge: 10 sts = 3".
- Finished Size: 11" across by 4" wide.
Special Stitch Instructions
- V-St: (dc, ch 1, dc) in designated chain or space.
- Blossom Stitch Tutorial
- Ch 78, or any multiple of 4 + 2 to get the circumference you need.
- Row 1: Working into back bumps, sc in 2nd ch from hook and into each ch across. Turn. [77 sts]
- Row 2: Ch 1, sc in first st and into each st across. Turn. [77 sts]
- Row 3: (RS): Ch 1, sc in first st, *sk next st, V-st in next st, sk next st; sc in next st; rep from * across. Turn. [19 V-sts]
- Row 4: Ch 4 (counts as first dc and ch-1 sp), (sc, ch 1) in first v-st, *(dc, ch 1) in next sc, (sc, ch 1) in next v-st; rep from * across to last sc, dc in last sc. Turn. [38 ch-1 sps]
- Row 5: Ch 1, sc in first dc, *v-st in next sc, sc in next dc; rep from * across. Turn. [19 V-sts]
- Rows 6-9: Rep Rows 4 & 5.
- Row 10: Ch 1, sc in first st and into each ch and st across. Turn. [77 sts]
- Row 11: Rep Row 2. Fasten Off leaving a 10" tail end for sewing the ends.
- Fold your ends together with the wrong sides facing out.