The offset shell quick crochet dishcloth pattern features a lacy version of the shell stitch. In addition to the lace, it has a nice loose drape which is always nice in a dishcloth.
The offset shell also goes by a few other names including adjacent shells or asymmetrical shells. There are slight variations but basically the same technique is used.
I found the amount of lace was just right for a dishcloth, not to open and not to solid. It works up quickly and easily and also dries pretty quick as well.
Why not make a few for yourselves and a few for your gift baskets.
Other Patterns to Check Out:
- Beginner Crochet Dishcloth Pattern with Striped Option
- Crochet Seed Stitch Dishcloth Pattern
- Stashbuster Striped Crochet Dishcloth
- Slanted Cluster Crochet Dishcloth Pattern
- Dandy – Easy Crochet Dishcloth
Purchase Your Ad-Free PDF
Offset Shell Quick Crochet Dishcloth
This quick crochet dishcloth not only works up quick, but it's pretty and dries quickly too.Pin Pattern Share on Facebook
- Yarn: Bernat Handicrafter Cotton (Worsted Weight, #4; 100% Cotton; 1.75 oz/50g; 80yds/73m) 1 ball
- Crochet Hook: H/8-5.00MM
- Other: Scissors, Yarn Needle.
- 8" by 8"
- Ch/Chs = Chain/Chains
- Dc = Double Crochet
- Rep = Repeat
- Sc = Single Crochet
- Sk = Skip
- Sp/Sps = Space/Spaces
- St/Sts = Stitch/Stitches
Special Stitch Instructions
- Shell: (3 dc, ch 1, 1 dc) in designated ch or sp.
- Ch 27,
- Row 1: Dc in 5th ch from hook (skipped chs count as first dc), sk next 2 chs, shell in next ch, *sk next 4 chs, shell in next ch; rep from * across to last 4 chs, sk next 2 chs, dc in last 2 chs. Turn. [20 sts, OR 4 shells]
- Row 2: Ch 3 (counts as first dc), dc in next st, shell in next ch-1 sp and into each ch-1 sp across, sk next 3 sts, dc in last 2 sts. Turn. [20 sts, OR 4 shells]
- Rows 3-11: Rep row 2.
- Ch 1, sc evenly around working 3 sc into each corner. Join with slip stitch in first st. Fasten Off.
Leave a Reply