This crochet seed stitch dishcloth pattern is easy and mindless to work on. The seed stitch creates a bit of a texture on both sides of the fabric.
Although beginner-friendly, you need to be comfortable with working two stitches in one and then skipping a stitch.
The stitch looks great in either a variegated yarn or in a solid color. The variegated yarn creates beautiful color designs. And with a solid color you can see the texture of the stitch pattern a bit better. With solid colors you can also add pretty stripes to help you use up any small pieces of yarn.
Another beauty is that it is easy to adjust in size so you can easily make it smaller or larger as you like. Not only can you make an entire set for the kitchen and dining room, but you can also use any yarn and hook size.
Other Patterns to Check Out:
- Beginner Crochet Dishcloth Pattern with Striped Option
- Stashbuster Striped Crochet Dishcloth
- Clustered V-St/Small Shell Crochet Dishcloth
- Bead and Lace Crochet Cotton Dishcloth Pattern
- Dandy – Easy Crochet Dishcloth
Purchase Your Ad-Free PDF
Crochet Seed Stitch Dishcloth Pattern
- Yarn: Bernat Handicrafter Cotton (Worsted Weight, #4; 100% Cotton; 1.75 oz/50g; 80yds/73m) 1 ball.
- Crochet Hook: 5.5mm
- Other: Measuring Tape, Scissors, Yarn Needle.
- Gauge: 12 sts = 4".
- Finished Size: 8.5" by 8.5" without an edging.
- Ch 26, or any multiple of 2.
- Row 1: Sc in 2nd ch from hook, *dc in next ch, sc in next ch; rep from * across. Turn. [25 sts]
- Row 2: Ch 1, (sc, dc) in first sc, *sk dc, (sc, dc) in next sc; rep from * across to last 2 sts; sk dc, sc in last sc. Turn. [25 sts]
- Rows 3-25: Rep row 2. Fasten off, or continue with the optional edging.
- Ch 1, sc evenly around, working 3 sc in each corner; join with sl st in first sc. Fasten Off