This scrubby yarn crochet pattern is for an easy v-stitch scrubby dishcloth. It is worked in the round with two colors for a nice effect. But you can do it in a solid color, or mix it up with a dishcloth cotton if you like.
This is a scrubber, as the yarn used is non-absorbent. However, it’s a nice addition to have close to your sink to help tackle all the pots and pans. It also makes for a nice addition to any gift basket. Another bonus of this cloth is that you don’t need much of the scrubby yarn, which makes it a nice stashbuster as well.
The Stitch Pattern
For this dishcloth I chose to work with the V-stitch using the double crochet, chain one and another double crochet. It works well with the yarn in terms of making this a quick and easy scrubber to work up for your kitchen.
The dishcloth is worked in the round, starting at the middle and increasing in each round.
The Scrubby Yarn was provided by Red Heart. Their yarns and patterns are now available at the Yarnspirations website. It is a medium #4 polyester yarn that is perfect for all your scrubbing needs.
The scrubby yarn makes it a bit harder to see the stitches. But the V-Stitch makes it easy to throw the hook into a space.
And, if you like, you can also crochet this in a regular dishcloth yarn as well. Or mix it up to get the best of both worlds in terms of absorbency and scrubbing action.
Other Patterns to Try
- Granny’s Holiday Crochet Scrubby Dishcloth Pattern
- Simple Scrubby Dishcloth Crochet Pattern
- Moss Stitch Crochet Dishcloth
- Beginner Crochet Dishcloth Pattern with Striped Option
- HDC Criss Cross Stitch Dishcloth
Scrubby Yarn Crochet Pattern – Easy V-Stitch Scrubby Dishcloth
- Yarn: Red Heart Scrubby (Medium Weight (#4) 100% Polyester, 3.5 oz/100 g – 92 yds/85 m) CA = Stream, CB = Grape
- Crochet Hook: H/8-5.00mm
- Other: Scissors, Yarn Needle.
- Approximately 7" across.
- CA = Color A
- CB = Color B
- Ch/Chs = Chain/Chains
- Dc = Double Crochet
- Sc = Single Crochet
- Sl St = Slip Stitch
- Sp/Sps = Space/Spaces
- St/Sts = Stitch/Stitches
Special Stitch Instructions
- Join new color with a sl st and carry it up at each round. Or, fasten off after each round and begin next color with a standing crochet stitch, thus substituting with a standing stitch for the beginning chains in each round.
- Rnd 1: With CA, Ch 5 (counts as first ch and ch-1), (dc, ch 1) 7 times into 5th ch from hook; join with sl st in first dc. [8 dc and 8 ch-1 sps]
- Rnd 2: With CB, sl st into first ch-1 sp, ch 4 (counts as first dc and ch-1 sp, now and throughout), (dc, ch 1) in same sp, (dc, ch 1) twice into next ch-1 sp and into each ch-1 sp around; join with sl st in first dc. [16 dc and 16 ch-1 sps]
- Rnd 3: With CA, sl st into first ch-1 sp, ch 4, dc in same sp, (dc, ch 1, dc) in next ch-1 sp and into each ch-1 sp around; join with sl st in first dc. [32 dc and 16 ch-1 sps]
- Rnd 4: Repeat Rnd 2. [32 dc and 32 ch-1 sps]
- Rnd 5: Repeat Rnd 3. [64 dc and 32 ch-1 sps]
- Rnd 6: With CA (or CB for a contrast), ch 1, sc in same st as join and into each st and ch around; join with sl st in first sc. [64 sc]
- Fasten Off both colors.
And don’t forget to check out the crochet dishcloth collection on CPB.
Leave a Reply