Front Loop Single Crochet Dishcloth Pattern
This single crochet dishcloth pattern is perfect for beginners, or anyone who needs a new dishcloth. The stitches are worked into the front loops only, thereby giving you a nice drape and also a nice texture.
Make this crochet dishcloth to use in your kitchen, the bath, or for cleaning throughout the home! It’ll make for a nice housewarming gift, or as part of a spa set for just about anyone on your list.
Although beginner-friendly, this dishcloth requires the ability to work into the front loops only of your stitches. But that’s not hard to learn for those who already know the single crochet stitch.
I added one round for the single crochet edging, which is optional, but it helps to even out the edges.
The finished size is 7.5 inches square. But, you can make this easy crochet dishcloth pattern to any size you like simply by adjusting the starting chains.
Cotton yarn is my recommendation. I used Bernat Handicrafter Cotton with a 5 mm crochet hook. The yarn is a medium weight cotton and holds up to a lot of washing and scrubbing. Any dishcloth cotton can be used.
I like the solid color, but this is a good pattern for using up your scraps if you want. Either way, I’m sure this will look nice.
See More Single Crochet Patterns for Beginners
- Beginner Crochet Dishcloth Pattern with Striped Option
- Front Loop Single Crochet Scarf
- Single Crochet Bag
- Single Crochet Beanie Pattern
- Striped Pocket Shawl Crochet Pattern
- Crochet Ear Warmer Size Chart with a Single Crochet Ear Warmer Pattern
- Easy Single Crochet Patterns for Beginners and Advanced Beginners
Front Loop Single Crochet Dishcloth
- Yarn: Bernat Handicrafter Cotton (Worsted Weight (#4) – 100% Cotton – 1.75 oz / 50g – 80yds / 73 m – 1 ball)
- Crochet Hook: H/8-5.00mm
- Other: Measuring Tape, Scissors, Yarn Needle.
- Gauge: 14 sts 4".
- Finished Size: 7.5" by 7.5"
- Ch/Chs = Chain/Chains
- Flsc = Front Loop Single Crochet
- Rep = Repeat
- RS = Right Side
- Sc = Single Crochet
- St/Sts = Stitch/Stitches
- Crochet Abbreviations explained in more details.
- The front loop single crochet is the same as a normal single crochet, except it is worked into the front loops only of the previous stitches.
- Ch 25,
- Row 1 (RS): Working into back bumps, sc in 2nd ch from hook and into each ch across. Turn. [25 sts]
- Row 2: Ch 1, flsc into first st and into each st across. Turn. [25 sts]
- Rows 3-22: Rep Row 2.
- With RS facing, ch 1, flsc in first st, *flsc into next st and each st across to last st, work 3 flsc into last st; turn to work along the side and sc evenly across to the next corner*; work 3 flsc in corner; rep from * to *; work another flsc into the same st as the first flsc, join with sl st in first sc. Fasten off.