This crochet dishcloth features a simple, yet pretty lace stitch. It’s great for the kitchen, the bathroom, or for cleaning and dusting around the home.
The Stitch Pattern
The stitches used are basic stitches, easy enough for a beginner to work on. Single crochets, double crochets and chain spaces is all you need to know along with skipping stitches and working into chain spaces.
I love this stitch pattern, but it does create open spaces, which might be a bit too big for some. If that’s your case, work the fourth pattern row in simple half double crochets. Easy peasy!
The finished size measures 7 by 7 inches, but can be increased as needed in the multiple provided. Thus, you could easily crochet up a matching placemat, a coaster or a pretty table mat.
Washing dishes requires a lot of scrubbing and tough washing, which means that you need a tough material to crochet your dishcloths as well. That’s where dishcloth cottons come in.
Most of my dishcloths are done in Bernat Handicrafter, but you could also others like Lily Sugar ‘n’ Cream or even Red Heart Scrubby.
Other Patterns to Try
- Beginner Crochet Dishcloth Pattern with Striped Option
- Dandy – Easy Crochet Dishcloth
- Peachy Round Crochet Dishcloth Pattern
- Crochet Seed Stitch Dishcloth Pattern
- Moss Stitch Crochet Dishcloth
Simple Lace Crochet Dishcloth
- Yarn: Bernat Handicrafter Cotton (Worsted Weight, #4; 100% Cotton; 1.75 oz/50g; 80yds/73m)
- Crochet Hook: H/8-5.00mm
- Other: Measuring Tape, Scissors, Yarn Needle.
- 7" by 7"
- Ch 23, or any multiple of 6 + 5.
- Row 1: Sc in 2nd ch from hook and into each ch across. Turn [22 sc]
- Row 2: Ch 3 (counts as first dc, now and throughout), dc in next st and into each st across. Turn [22 dc]
- Row 3: Ch 1, sc in first 4 dc, *ch 2, sk next 2 dc, sc in next 4 dc; rep from * across. Turn [16 sc and 3 ch-2 sps]
- Row 4: Ch 3, dc in next sc, ch 1, sk next 2 sc, work 4 dc in ch 2 sp, *ch 2, sk next 4 sc, 4 dc in next ch-2 sp; rep from * once, ch 1, sk next 2 sc, dc in last 2 sc. Turn [16 dc]
- Row: 5: Ch 1, sc in first dc and into each dc and into each ch across. Turn [22 sc]
- Row 6-13: Rep rows 2-5 twice.
- Row 14: Rep row 2.
- Row 15: Ch 1, sc in first st and into each st across. Turn.
- Edging: Ch 1, sc evenly around working 3 sc in each corner; join with slip stitch in first sc. Fasten Off.