This easy crochet dishcloth pattern is one of my favorite dishcloths to have on hand. It is worked up using only chains and single crochets to keep it soft and flexible. Plus, it is worked in the front loops only, which creates a lovely texture that makes this ideal for washing dishes and gifting to your friends and family.
The pattern is written in one size only, but as with most of my patterns, you can crochet this to any size you want in the simple stitch pattern that’s provided. You could easily make a small coaster or a placemat to match. Or, make this slightly larger and line it for a hot pad to protect your kitchen table.
In addition to the written pattern I’ve also created a 5-minute video at the end to walk you through it.
And I used a cotton yarn, but if you prefer acrylic, by all
Other Patterns to Check Out:
- Beginner Crochet Dishcloth Pattern with Striped Option
- Crochet Seed Stitch Dishcloth Pattern
- Slanted Cluster Crochet Dishcloth Pattern
- Stashbuster Striped Crochet Dishcloth
- Bead and Lace Crochet Cotton Dishcloth Pattern
Purchase Your Ad-Free PDF
Dandy – Easy Crochet Dishcloth
- Yarn: Bernat Handicrafter Cotton – Worsted Weight #4 – 100% Cotton – 1 1.75oz/50g ball.
- Crochet Hook: I/9-5.50mm
- Other: Scissors, Yarn Needle.
- 6.5" x 6.5"
- Ch/Chs = Chain/Chains
- Rep = Repeat
- Sc = Single Crochet
- Sk = Skip
- Ch 30, or any multiple of 2.
- Row 1: Working into back bumps, (sc, ch 1) in 2nd ch from hook, *sk next ch, (sc, ch 1) in next ch; rep from * across. Note: Last ch-1 made counts as turning ch, now and throughout pattern. Turn. [15 sc]
- Row 2: Skipping all ch-1's and working into front loops only, (sc, ch 1) in first sc, *sk next ch, (sc, ch 1) in next sc; rep from * across. Turn. [15 sc]
- Rows 3-20: Rep row 2 until desired length. Fasten Off.
Leave a Reply