This lace dishcloth crochet pattern is not only pretty, but it is also easy to crochet. Not only that, but it is easy to adjust in size as well. Therefore, it is perfect for washing the dishes or for cleaning the entire home.
It’s made of cotton, so it also makes for a soft and natural cloth in the bath. And it is pretty enough to include in any gift basket.
The dishcloth is worked up in the half double and v-stitch. It is a nice combination of stitches to give you a pretty appearance on both sides of the fabric. Above you see the “right” side, and below is the “wrong” side.
I love the texture that you get from the half double crochet stitches. It makes it a great pattern, not only for a dishcloth, but for scarves and cowls and any other pattern where you want to have a nice pattern on both sides of the fabric.
The Stitch Pattern
It’s a v-stitch pattern, with the half double v-stitch worked in between rows of half double crochets. That gives it enough solid stitches for a solid fabric that you can use for all your scrubbing and washing needs.
I did not work an edging, but you most certainly can do a quick single crochet edge to even it out a bit.
The Finished Size
The finished size is 7 by 7 inches square. It’s just the right size for me, but you can increase or decrease that in a multiple of 4 + 2 for your starting chains.
I used Bernat Handicrafter Cotton with a 5mm hook size. The dishcloth cotton is a medium worsted weight yarn, but any similar cotton in the same yarn weight will work just as well. Lily Sugar N Cream is a good option as well.
For this pattern I used up leftovers from a big ball of yarn, however, I’m pretty sure a small ball is all you need to complete this pattern.
Other Patterns to Try
- Crochet Star Dishcloth
- Single Crochet Striped Dishcloth
- Round Crochet Dishcloth Pattern
- Moss Stitch Crochet Dishcloth
- Slanted Cluster Crochet Dishcloth Pattern
Lace Dishcloth Crochet Pattern – Half Double & V-Stitch
- Yarn: Bernat Handicrafter Cotton Worsted Weight (#4) – 100% Cotton – 1.75 oz / 50g – 80yds / 73 m – 1 ball)
- Crochet Hook: H 5.00mm
- Other: Scissors, Yarn Needle.
- Ch/Chs = Chain/Chains
- Hdc = Half Double Crochet
- Sk = Skip
- St/Sts = Stitch/Stitches
- V-St = V Stitch
Special Stitch Instructions
- V-St: (hdc, ch 1, hdc) into designated st.
- Ch 26, or any multiple of 4 + 2.
- Row 1: Hdc in 2nd ch from hook and into each ch across. Turn. [25 hdc]
- Row 2: Ch 1, hdc in first st, sk next st, (v-st, ch 1) in next st, *sk next 3 sts, (v-st, ch 1) in next st; repeat from * across to last 2 sts omitting last ch-1, sk next st, hdc in last st. Turn. [6 v-sts]
- Row 3: Ch 1, hdc in first st and into each st and ch across. Turn. [25 hdc]
- Rows 4-17: Repeat Rows 2 and 3. Fasten Off