The cross stitch gives this crochet baby blanket a pretty design. It’s mindless to work on, and can be crocheted to any size that you need. I used a baby yarn, but if making it into a larger blanket you can use any other yarn that you like.
I love the solid color with the cross stitch, but I can also see this in a pretty striped design. You could work it up in blocks by working the stitch pattern rows several times before changing colors. Or, you could assign a different color to each stitch, which I personally would love to try. Either way, I’m sure you will love your new blanket.
It’s a fairly solid blanket, making this great for the cold winter months. Or, you could also use this as a floor blanket throughout the year. Another option would be to increase the length and use it as a crib blanket.
Other Blankets to Check Out:
- Broomstick Lace Crochet Baby Blanket with Ruffled Edge
- Blossom Baby Blanket Crochet Pattern
- ESC Round Baby Blanket Crochet Pattern
- Simple Lace Easy Crochet Baby Blanket
- Easy Baby Blanket Crochet Pattern
Purchase Your Ad-Free PDF
Double Crochet and Cross Stitch Baby Blanket
- Yarn: Bernat Baby Sport (Light, #3; 100% acrylic; 300g/10.5oz) Color: Fresh Sky, 2 balls.
- Crochet Hook: G 4.00mm
- Other: Measuring Tape, Scissors, Yarn Needle.
- Gauge: 15 sts = 4"
- Finished Size: 37" by 37".
- Ch 141, or any multiple of 2 + 1 to obtain the width of the blanket.
- Row 1: Working into back bumps, sc into 2nd ch from hook and into each ch across. Turn. [140 sts]
- Row 2: Ch 2 (does not count as st, now and throughout), dc in first st and into each st across. Turn. [140 sts]
- Row 3: Ch 1, sc into first st and into each st across. Turn. [140 sts]
- Row 4: Ch 2, dc in first 2 sts, *sk next st, dc in next st, backtrack and dc in skipped st; rep from * across to last 2 sts, dc in last 2 sts. Turn. [140 sts]
- Row 5: Ch 1, sc in first st and into each st across. Turn. [140 sts]
- Rows 6-103: Rep Rows 2-5, ending with row 3 at last rep. Fasten Off at last row. [140 sts]