This striped afghan crochet pattern is not only easy to adjust in size, but it is also easy and mindless to work on. I don’t know about you, but I love mindless crochet patterns such as this one with a simple stitch pattern.
Growing up, fall was always my favorite season of the year. It was the season to finish up the work in the fields and return back to school. For me it meant rest and relaxation. Not sure if that is why, but I’d say that fall has the most beautiful colors of all the seasons. Yes, summer and spring have some bright and beautiful colors, but in my eyes they cannot compete with the beauty you see in the fall.
As given, this crochet fall blanket measures approximately 62″ wide by 76″ long. You can easily increase and decrease this as needed by adjusting your starting chains as needed. This crochet blanket size chart can be used as a reference.
Red Heart Super Saver yarn has one of the best selections of colors when it comes to yarn. Plus, it is an economical medium worsted weight yarn and readily available in most yarn stores.
How It’s Made
This crochet blanket pattern is worked up in rows with the crossed half double crochet stitches followed by the single crochet.
The crochet stripe pattern is easy to duplicate with any other four colors to make this your own striped blanket to match your home or your favorite holiday or season.
You Might Also Enjoy These Free Crochet Blanket Patterns
Fall Crochet Striped Afghan Pattern
- Yarn: Red Heart Super Saver
- 4 Colors: I did not keep an exact count as I used up my scraps when I first started, but I'll give you a rough idea as to how much you'll need. You might need more or less.
- CA = Color A, Buff – about 6 balls.
- CB = Color B, Brown – about 4 balls.
- CC = Color C, Carrot – about 2 balls.
- CD = Color D, Off-White – about 2 balls.
- Crochet Hook: H/8-5.00mm
- Other: Measuring Tape, Scissors, Yarn Needle.
- Gauge: 3" over 10 sts and 8 pattern rows. Gauge is not important, however.
- Finished Size: Make it basically any size. Mine measures 62" wide and 76" long.
- CA = Color A
- CB = Color B
- CC = Color C
- CD = Color D
- Ch/Chs = Chain/Chains
- FO = Fasten Off
- Hdc = Half Double Crochet
- Rep = Repeat
- Sc = Single Crochet
- Sk = Skip
- St/Sts = Stitch/Stitches
- Crochet Abbreviations explained in more details.
- Color changes are made at the last step of last stitch in previous row.
- Carry CA up along the edge to make it easier. All other colors will need cutting after completion in order to avoid a bulky edge.
- With CA, ch 201 or any multiple of 2 plus 1.
- Row 1: Sc into 2nd ch from hook and into each ch across. Turn. [200 sts]
- Row 2: Ch 1, hdc in first st, *sk next st, hdc in next st, hdc in skipped st; rep from * across to last st; hdc in last st. Turn. [200 sts]
- Row 3: Ch 1, sc in first st and into each st across. Turn.
- Rows 4-5: With CB, Rep rows 2 and 3.
- Rows 6-7: With CA, rep rows 2 and 3.
- Rows 8-9: With CC, rep rows 2 and 3.
- Rows 10-11: With CA Rep rows 2 and 3
- Rows 12-13: With CD, rep rows 2 and 3.
- Rows 14-15: With CA, rep rows 2 and 3.
- Rows 16-17: With CC, rep rows 2 and 3.
- Rows 18-19: With CA, rep rows 2 and 3.
- Rows 4-19 establish the color sequence. Repeat until you have reached a desired length ending with rows 6-7. FO.
- Rnds 1-2: Ch 1, sc evenly around working 3 sc into each corner. FO at 2nd rnd. (Choose any color. I was going to use CA, but didn't have enough so I ended up using CC instead.)
Leave a Reply