This light crochet scarf is the perfect scarf for any season, especially for the spring and fall weather. It is a nice long scarf, which makes it super easy to wear it in many different ways. Wear it long or wrap it around cozy to keep the drafts out of your winter or spring jackets.
This crochet scarf pattern is worked up in basic crochet stitches with the seed stitch and an open stitch. The seed stitch is worked with a single crochet and a double crochet. Then for the open stitch, it’s simply the half double crochet and a chain one space.
The finished size measures 8.5″ wide by 72″ long. I made mine a bit wide, but you can easily adjust the width in a multiple of two. As for the length, it too, can easily be modified from child to adult sizes.
Another way to modify is to work the rows lengthwise instead of horizontal.
The yarn used is Red Heart Comfort Sport yarn. It is a #3 light worsted weight yarn. It is acrylic. But if you want to make this for the summer you could easily substitute with a dk cotton so it’s not too warm.
Other Crochet Scarf Patterns to Try
- Clustered V-St Crochet Spring Scarf
- Half Double and V-Stitch Easy Crochet Scarf
- Simple Lace Crochet Scarf Pattern
- Summer Crochet Lace Scarf
- Beatrice Scarf
Purchase Your Ad-Free PDF
Seeded Lace Simple and Light Crochet Scarf
- Yarn: Red Heart Comfort Sport (Light, #3; 100% Acrylic; 12.35oz/350g; 1144yds/1050m) Color: Light Blue, 1 ball
- Crochet Hook: 4.50mm
- Other: Measuring Tape, Scissors, Yarn Needle, Area or Mat for Blocking.
- Gauge: 16 sts = 4".
- Finished Size: 8.5" wide by 72" long.
- Ch 32, or any multiple of 2.
- Row 1: (Hdc, ch 1) in 2nd ch from hook, *sk next ch, (hdc, ch 1) in next ch; rep from * across. Note: Last ch-1 made counts as turning ch, now and throughout. Turn. [16 sts and 15 ch-1 sps]
- Row 2: (Sc, dc) in first hdc, *sk ch-1, (sc, dc) in next hdc; rep from * across to last hdc; (sc, ch 1) in last hdc. Turn. [31 sts]
- Row 3: (Hdc, ch 1) in first sc, *sk dc, (hdc, ch 1) in next sc; rep from * across. Turn. [16 sts and 15 ch-1 sps]
- Rnd 1: Ch 1, sc evenly around, working 3 sc in each corner; join with sl st in first sc.
- Rnd 2: Ch 1, sc in each st around, working 3 sc in each corner; join with sl st in first sc. Fasten Off.