This easy crochet scarf pattern is perfect for all types of weather. It has an open stitch pattern, making it perfect for spring and fall. But, you can also crochet this long, as shown, and wrap it around several times for a cozy winter scarf as well.
It has a beautiful drape, making it comfortable and stylish regardless of how you wear it. It’s perfect under or over a jacket, or omit the jacket altogether and simply just wear it over a long-sleeved shirt.
Mine is shown in a single color, but use up your leftovers for a bright and cheerful scarf. Another option is to color block it for a modern look.
Also, I’ve provided a stitch multiple so you can easily adjust the width to make this in any size from child to adult.
Purchase Your Ad-Free PDF
Half Double and V-Stitch Easy Crochet Scarf
- Yarn: Red Heart Comfort Sport (Light, #3; 100% Acrylic; 12.35oz/350g; 1144yds/1050m) Color: White, 1 ball
- Crochet Hook: 4.50mm
- Other: Measuring Tape, Scissors, Yarn Needle
- 9.5" x 75"
- Ch/Chs = Chain/Chains
- Hdc = Half Double Crochet
- Sk = Skip
- St/Sts = Stitch/Stitches
- V-St = V Stitch
Special Stitch Instructions
- V-St: (hdc, ch 1, hdc) into designated st.
- Ch 38, or any multiple of 4 + 2.
- Row 1: Working into back bumps, hdc in 2nd ch from hook and into each ch across. Turn. [37 hdc]
- Row 2: Ch 1, hdc in first st, sk next st, (v-st, ch 1) in next st, *sk next 3 sts, (v-st, ch 1) in next st; repeat from * across to last 2 sts omitting last ch-1, sk next st, hdc in last st. Turn. [9 v-sts]
- Row 3: Ch 1, hdc in first st and into each st and ch across. Turn. [37 hdc]
- Rows 4-175: Repeat Rows 2 and 3. Fasten Off.
Leave a Reply