This stashbuster crochet striped scarf pattern is worked up in three colors that are changed after each row so there is no extra ends to weave in. It works up easy, and can be made for men, women and children!
I made my scarf narrow and long, because it allows for a wrap around the neck without bulking too much underneath a jacket. But you can adjust it as you like. The stitch multiple is a multiple of two plus one, so that is super easy to do.
Another beauty of this scarf is the stitch pattern. I used a variation of the seed stitch, so the single crochets are worked into the double crochets and the double crochets into the single crochets. It creates a bit of a drop stitch, but not much. It’s just right for something that can be used for both genders. Simply choose your colors to match the gender and you’re all set.
The only thing I found tedious on this pattern is the untangling of the yarn. I swear I spent just as much time untangling as I did crocheting! But I got through it, and I’m so glad I did because I love how it turned out.
Purchase Your Ad-Free PDF
Stashbuster Crochet Striped Scarf
- Yarn: Red Heart Soft (Worsted Weight, #4; 100% Acrylic; 5oz/141g; 256yds/234m) CA: Chocolate, 1 ball, CB: Wheat, 1 ball, CC: Off White, 1 ball
- Crochet Hook: I 5.5mm
- Other: Measuring Tape, Scissors, Yarn Needle.
- Gauge: 13 sts = 4".
- Finished Size: 6.25" wide by 80" long.
- Row 1: CA
- Row 2: CB
- Row 3: CC
- Row 4: Then start again with CA.
To Change Color
- Work the stitch as normal until the last step and you have two loops left on hook; drop the old color, pick up the new color and draw through both loops to complete the stitch.
- Carry unused yarn up along the side.
- With CA, Ch 19, or a multiple of 2 + 1.
- Row 1: Sc in 2nd ch from hook, dc in next ch, *sc in next ch, dc in next ch; rep from * across. Change to next color as per color sequence at last step of last dc. Turn. [18 sts]
- Row 2: Ch 1, sc in first dc, dc in next sc, *sc in next dc, dc in next sc; rep from * across. Change to next color at last step of last dc. Turn. [18 sts]
- Rows 3-229: Rep row 2 changing your colors as per color sequence.
- Rnds 1-2: With CB, ch 1, sc evenly around working 3 sc into each corner; join with sl st in first sc. Fasten Off.