This crossed double crochet scarf pattern is worked long and wide, but you can easily adjust this as needed. The pattern is worked with a row of single crochets in between the crossed double crochets.
I made mine nice and long so you can wrap it around the neck once for a super cozy scarf. As for the yarn, I used a DK weight, making this great for spring and fall weather as well.
The width is easily adjusted by chaining any multiple of 2 plus 1. As for the length, simply stop crocheting once you have reached your desired length. Thus, it’s the perfect scarf pattern for the entire family from toddler to adult.
You could also work this in lengthwise rows for a slightly different look.
Other Patterns to Try:
- Criss-Cross Cowl
- Criss-Cross Slouchy Beanie
- Criss-Cross Earwarmer
- Criss-Cross Cocoon Shrug
- Double Crochet and Cross Stitch Scarf
Purchase Your Ad-Free PDF
Crossed Double Crochet Scarf
- Yarn: Red Heart Comfort Sport (Light, #3; 100% Acrylic; 12.35oz/350g; 1144yds/1050m) Color: Lilac, 1 ball.
- Crochet Hook: H 5mm
- Other: Scissors, Yarn Needle.
- Gauge: 14 sts = 4".
- Finished Size: 9.5" wide by 75" long.
- Ch 35, or any multiple of 2 + 1.
- Row 1: Sc in 2nd ch from hook and into each ch across. Turn. [34 sts]
- Row 2: Ch 3 (counts as first dc), *sk next st, dc in next st, dc in skipped st; rep from * across; dc in last st. Turn. [34 sts]
- Row 3: Ch 1, sc in first st and in each st across. Turn. [34 sts]
- Rows 4-191: Rep rows 2 & 3. Fasten off at last row.