This easy crochet winter scarf is worked up in the crunch stitch. It creates a nice solid stitch to keep you warm even in the coldest winter weather.
And not only is this warm and cozy, but the beautiful texture that you get on both sides of the fabric is sure to bring on the complements.
The crochet scarf looks great in a solid color, but it’s also worked in the perfect stitch for adding a few stripes. With three colors changed after each row, the next color is always ready for you so you don’t have to fasten off. But, feel free to choose any color design that you like.
The Stitch Pattern
The crunch stitch is worked with the half double crochet and the slip stitch. The slip stitch is worked into the half double crochet and the half double crochet into the slip stitch. The stitch is super easy to make. The only thing is to keep the slip stitches loose throughout so that you don’t run into issues with inserting the hook.
You have the option to add an edging to this, however, it looks great without an edging as well. It’s a slightly jagged edge without one, but since it’s the same on both sides it works well.
The finished size is 8 inches by 54 inches. But the pattern is simple multiple of two for the starting chains, making it super easy to adjust the width for children if you like.
For cozy winter scarf pattern I chose Lion Brand Pound of Love. It’s a soft, #4 worsted weight yarn that’s perfect for winter accessories.
With that said, feel free to substitute your favorite worsted weight acrylic yarn to make this.
Other Patterns to Try
- Offset Shell Quick Crochet Scarf
- Half Double and V-Stitch Easy Crochet Scarf
- Stashbuster Crochet Striped Scarf
- Seed Stitch One Skein Crochet Scarf
- Double Crochet and Cross Stitch Scarf
Purchase Your Ad-Free PDF
Crunch Stitch Easy Crochet Winter Scarf
- Yarn: Lion Brand Yarns – Pound Of Love (Medium, #4; 100% Premium Acrylic; 1020yds/932m; 16oz./454g) Color: Cherry, 1 ball
- Crochet Hook: J 6.00mm
- Other: Measuring Tape, Scissors, Yarn Needle.
- Gauge: 14 sts = 4".
- Finished Size: 8" wide by 58" long without an edging.
- Be mindful to keep your stitches loose throughout.
This is a two-row repeat:
- The first row begins and ends with a half double crochet.
- The next row begins and ends with a slip stitch.
- Ch 30.
- Row 1: Hdc in 2nd ch from hook, *sl st in next ch, hdc in next ch; rep from * across. Turn. [29 sts]
- Row 2: Ch 1, sl st in first hdc, *hdc in next sl st, sl st in next hdc; rep from * across. Turn. [29 sts]
- Row 3: Ch 1, hdc in first sl st, *sl st in next hdc, hdc in next sl st; rep from * across. Turn. [29 sts]
- Rows 4-225: Rep rows 2 & 3 until you have reached a desired length.
- Rnd 1: Ch 1, sc evenly around working 3 sc in each corner. Join with a sl st in first sc. Fasten Off.