This easy crochet winter scarf is worked up in the crunch stitch. It creates a nice solid stitch to keep you warm even in the coldest winter weather.
And not only is this warm and cozy, but the beautiful texture that you get with the half double crochet and slip stitch is sure to bring on the complements. Best of all, the texture is the same on both sides of the scarf!
The crunch stitch looks great in a solid color, but it’s also the perfect stitch for adding a few stripes. And with three colors changed after each row, the next color is always ready for you so you don’t have to fasten off. If you love color, that might be an option for you.
You have the option to add an edging to this, however, it looks great without an edging as well. It’s a slightly jagged edge without one, but since it’s the same on both sides it works well.
The pattern is simple multiple, making it super easy to adjust the width for children if you like.
Purchase Your Ad-Free PDF
Crunch Stitch Easy Crochet Winter Scarf
- Yarn: Lion Brand Yarns – Pound Of Love (Medium, #4; 100% Premium Acrylic; 1020yds/932m; 16oz./454g) Color: Cherry, 1 ball
- Crochet Hook: J 6.00mm
- Other: Measuring Tape, Scissors, Yarn Needle.
- Gauge: 14 sts = 4".
- Finished Size: 8" wide by 58" long without an edging.
- Be mindful to keep your stitches loose throughout.
This is a two-row repeat:
- The first row begins and ends with a half double crochet.
- The next row begins and ends with a slip stitch.
- Ch 30.
- Row 1: Hdc in 2nd ch from hook, *sl st in next ch, hdc in next ch; rep from * across. Turn. [29 sts]
- Row 2: Ch 1, sl st in first hdc, *hdc in next sl st, sl st in next hdc; rep from * across. Turn. [29 sts]
- Row 3: Ch 1, hdc in first sl st, *sl st in next hdc, hdc in next sl st; rep from * across. Turn. [29 sts]
- Rows 4-225: Rep rows 2 & 3 until you have reached a desired length.
- Rnd 1: Ch 1, sc evenly around working 3 sc in each corner. Join with a sl st in first sc. Fasten Off.