Here is a hair scrunchie crochet pattern to hold your hair back. It is the perfect accessory for girls and women of all ages with long hair. Whether you’re headed to school, the gym or to run errands, this scrunchie is just what you need to keep your long hair out of your face.
You only need a small amount of yarn in each color, making it a great way to clean up any leftovers. Plus, it is great for making gifts throughout the year. If you sell at craft fairs, this would be a quick and cost-effective item to add to your inventory.
This crochet hair scrunchie is worked up in two colors and in two layers to give it a nice elegant look. The bobbles are picots, and along the edge I worked a round of slip stitches for a nice edge.
I used an average size hair elastic to make this. But you could use different sizes and then make adjustments to the number of stitches you work around the scrunchie. All other rounds work perfectly with any number done in the first round. You just want to have a nice full scrunchie.
As for the yarn, I used a medium worsted weight yarn, Red Heart Super Saver, with a 5 mm crochet hook. Any similar yarn will give you a similar look.
See More Crochet Scrunchie Patterns
- Crochet Hair Scrunchie
- Curly Cue Hair Scrunchie
- Flower Petals Crochet Hair Scrunchie
- Alternating Hair Scrunchie Pattern
- Chained Picots Hair Scrunchie
Layered Picot Hair Scrunchie Crochet Pattern
- Yarn: Red Heart Super Saver or any medium worsted (#4) in two colors
- Crochet Hook: H/8-5.00mm
- Hair Elastic
- Tools: Scissors, Yarn Needle.
- CA = Color A
- CB = Color B
- Blslst = Back Loop Slip Stitch
- Ch/Chs = Chain/Chains
- FO = Fasten Off
- Fpsc = Front Post Single Crochet
- Hdc = Half Double Crochet
- Lp/Lps = Loop/Loops
- Sc = Single Crochet
- Sl St = Slip Stitch
- Stfpsc = Standing Front Post Single Crochet.
- Standing Crochet Stitches
- Crochet Abbreviations explained in more details.
Special Stitch Instructions
- Picot: Ch 4, sl st in 3rd ch from hook, ch 1
- Rnd 1: Join CA to hair elastic. Ch 1, (hdc, ch 3) 24 times around elastic; join with sl st in first hdc. (24 ch-3 lps)
- Rnd 2: Ch 1, work 4 sc into each ch-3 lp; join with sl st in first sc. FO. (96 sc)
- Rnd 3: With CB, blslst in each sc around; FO and join with invisible join in first sl st.
- Rnd 4: With CB, and working at the front of scrunchie, stfpsc around first hdc made in rnd 1, work picot, (fpsc, picot,) in next hdc and into each hdc around. Join with sl st in first sc. [24 picots] FO.
You might also enjoy a browse through the hair scrunchie patterns at CPB.