You can easily adjust the fullness of this crochet hair scrunchie by doing more or fewer stitches in round one around the scrunchie. Thus, you could easily use this pattern to crochet around any sized hair elastic from toddlers to adults.
Also, I used a worsted weight yarn, but feel free to experiment with other yarns and hook sizes as well. If using a thread, I would highly recommend that you use the same color thread as the elastic in order for it blend in.
And, you have the option to crochet this in a solid color, or in a two-toned color as shown.
Other Patterns to Try:
- Curly Cue Hair Scrunchie
- Flower Petals Scrunchie
- Layered Hair Scrunchie
- Popcorn Hair Scrunchie
- Chained Picots Hair Scrunchie
Purchase Your Ad-Free PDF
Crochet Hair Scrunchie
- Yarn: Red Heart Super Saver (Worsted Weight (#4) 100% acrylic, 7 oz/198g – 364 yds/333m) 1-2 Colors
- Hook Size: I/9-5.50 MM
- Hair Elastic
- Other: Measuring Tape, Scissors, Yarn Needle.
- Rnd 1: Join yarn to elastic with stsc, ch 3, (sc around elastic, ch3) 29 times (or as many as desired). Join with sl st in first sc. [30 sc and ch-3 sps]
- Rnd 2: Sl st into first ch-3 sp, ch 1, (sc, ch 3) 3 times into same sp and into each sp around; join with sl st in first sc. [90 ch-3 sps]
- Rnd 3: Join the second color to any ch-3 sp. (Alternatively you can use the same color and sl st into first ch-3 sp) Ch 1, 3 sc in same sp and in each sp around. Join with sl st in first sc. [270 sts] Fasten off.