This crochet hair scrunchie pattern is perfect for anyone with long hair. It’s great for the summer when you want to stay cool. Or, on windy days to keep your hair out of your face.
Another beauty of this crochet scrunchie is that you don’t need much yarn to make it! It can be worked in on or two colors, which makes it great for cleaning up all odds and ends.
Best of all, if you’re making a lot of gifts for others, then this is a nice go-to crochet pattern to have on hand. Make a bunch ahead and have them ready for when you need them! That is so much nicer than having a bunch of scrap yarn… isn’t it?
You can easily adjust the fullness of this scrunchie pattern by doing more or fewer stitches in round one around the scrunchie. Thus, you could easily use this pattern to crochet around any sized hair elastic from toddlers to adults.
Also, I used a worsted medium weight yarn, but feel free to experiment with other yarns and hook sizes as well. If using a thread, I would highly recommend that you use the same color thread as the elastic in order for it blend in.
Other Patterns to Try:
- Curly Cue Hair Scrunchie
- Flower Petals Scrunchie
- Layered Hair Scrunchie
- Popcorn Hair Scrunchie
- Chained Picots Hair Scrunchie
Purchase Your Ad-Free PDF
Crochet Hair Scrunchie
- Yarn: Red Heart Super Saver (Worsted Weight (#4) 100% acrylic, 7 oz/198g – 364 yds/333m) 1-2 Colors
- Hook Size: I/9-5.50 MM
- Hair Elastic
- Other: Measuring Tape, Scissors, Yarn Needle.
- Rnd 1: Join yarn to elastic with stsc, ch 3, (sc around elastic, ch3) 29 times (or as many as desired). Join with sl st in first sc. [30 sc and ch-3 sps]
- Rnd 2: Sl st into first ch-3 sp, ch 1, (sc, ch 3) 3 times into same sp and into each sp around; join with sl st in first sc. [90 ch-3 sps]
- Rnd 3: Join the second color to any ch-3 sp. (Alternatively you can use the same color and sl st into first ch-3 sp) Ch 1, 3 sc in same sp and in each sp around. Join with sl st in first sc. [270 sts] Fasten off.