This textured crochet scarf pattern is worked up in one skein of an economic yarn. Both the width and the length are adjustable, making this a great scarf for children and adults.
One other thing I love about this scarf is that the texture is the same on both sides of the fabric.
I used an economic yarn, but because it’s so easy to adjust the width, you can basically choose any yarn in any weight that you like.
I made mine nice and long so that it wraps cozy around the neck. It’s perfect underneath a winter jacket or over a long-sleeved shirt when it’s cool, but not too cold out.
Purchase Your Ad-Free PDF
Slanted Puff Stitch Textured Crochet Scarf
- Yarn: Red Heart Super Saver (Worsted Weight (#4) 100% acrylic, 7 oz/198g – 364 yds/333m) Color: Hot Red, 1 ball
- Crochet Hook: I 5.50mm
- Other: Measuring Tape, Scissors, Yarn Needle.
- Gauge: 4 puff sts in pattern = 4".
- Finished Size: 6" by 70".
Special Stitch Instructions
- Puff St: (Yo, insert hk in sp indicated, yo and pull through) 3 times, 7 lps on hk, yo and pull through all 7 lps.
- If you are new to crochet you may want to use stitch markers to mark the chain 2 made in the same space as the puff stitch.
- You can also refer to the video tutorial below on how to work the stitch pattern. But please note the puff stitch in this pattern is made slightly thicker than in the video.
- Loosely ch 20, or any multiple of 3 plus 2.
- Row 1: Sc in 2nd ch from hk and into each ch across. Turn. [19 sts]
- Row 2: Ch 1, sc in first 2 sts, ch 1, sk next st, sc in next st, *ch 2, sk next 2 sts, sc in next st; rep from * across to last 3 sts, ch 1, sk next st, sc in last 2 sts. Turn. [4 ch-2 sps and 2 ch-1 sps]
- Row 3: Ch 1, hdc in first 2 sts, ch 1, sk first ch-1 sp, *(sl st, ch 2, puff st, ch 1) into next ch-2 sp and into each ch-2 sp across to last ch-1 sp, sk ch-1 sp, hdc in last 2 sts. Turn. [4 puff sts]
- Rows 4-137: Rep row 3.
- Row 138: Ch 1, sc in first 2 sts, sc in ch-1, 3 sc in next ch-2 sp and into each ch-2 sp across to lasts ch-1 sp; sc into next sl st, sc into ch-1, sc into last 2 sts. [19 sts]
- Ch 1, sc evenly around working 3 sc into each corner; join with sl st in first sc. Fasten Off.