This small crochet bag pattern is suitable for a crochet beginner. It features very simple stitches, making it easy to learn how to crochet a small bag. The pattern is very simple and, if supervised by an adult, this bag could even be crocheted up by a young child. But not only is it easy to do, it also has a lacy look to it, which any young girl will favor.
This crochet bag pattern can be used as a small gift bag, a little girl’s purse, or for a little treasure bag. You can line it with a basic lining and also insert a small zipper following this tutorial on how to line a crochet bag. Another option is to attach a small closure in the middle between the handles.
Other Patterns to Try
- Little Girls Purse
- Mini Crochet Gift Bag
- Crochet Easter Treat Bag (ESC)
- Moss Stitch Beginner Crochet Bag
- Single Crochet Bag
- Yarn: Red Heart Comfort
- Hook Size: H/8.5.00MM
- Other: Measuring Tape, Scissors, Yarn Needle.
- When laying flat, it measures about 7" across and about 9" from top to bottom.
- Ch/Chs = Chain/chains
- Lp/Lps = Loops/Loops
- Rnd/Rnds = Round/Rounds
- Sc = Single Crochet
- Sk = Skip
- Sl St = Slip Stitch
- St/Sts = Stitch/Stitches
- See this tutorial on how to crochet on the opposite side of the starting chains.
- Rnd 1: Ch 23, sc in second ch from hook and in each ch across. Work another 3 sc into last ch. Turn your work, and working along the opposite side of the chs, sc in next ch and in each ch across. Work another 2 sc into last ch. Join with Sl st. (48 sts)
- Rnds 2-5: Ch 1, sc in first st and in each st around. Join with sl st. (48 sts)
- Rnd 6: Ch 1, (sc, ch 2) in first st, sk next st, *(sc, ch 2) in next st, sk next st, repeat from * around. Join with sl st. (24 ch-2 lps)
- Rnd 7: Sl st into lp, ch 1, work 2 sc into same lp and into each lp around. Join with sl st. (48 sts)
- Rnds 8-11: Repeat rnds 6-7
- Rnds 12-26: Repeat rnds 2-11 once, then repeat rnds 2-7 once more.
- Rnd 27: Ch 1, (sc, ch 2) in first st, sk next st, (sc, ch 2) in next st, sk next st, sc in next st, ch 25, sk next 11 sts, [(sc, ch 2) in next st, sk next st] 6 times, sc in next st, ch 25, sk next 11 sts, [(sc, ch 2) in next st, sk next st] 4 times. Join with sl st.
- Rnd 28: Sl st into lp, ch 1, work 2 sc into same lp and into next lp, sk next st, sc in next 25 chs, sk next st, (2 sc into next ch-2 lp) 6 times, sk next st, sc in next 25 chs, sk next st, (2 sc into next ch-2 lp) 4 times. Join with sl st. (74 sts)
- Rnds 29-30: Repeat rnds 6-7. Fasten off at rnd 30.