This crochet visor pattern is perfect for keeping the sun out of your eyes whether it be summer or winter. I used an acrylic yarn here, but I’ve also made this in a cotton yarn for the summer.
The band is worked with simple single crochets with a round of triple crochets in between. Instead of triple crochets, you can also use double crochet if you’d like a band that is slightly narrower.
This pattern has been updated with small changes as to how the brim is worked.
- Yarn: Red Heart Comfort
- Crochet Hook: I/9-5.50MM
- Other: Measuring Tape, Scissors, Yarn Needle.
- Measure 19" (20", 21") in circumference.
- Crochet Abbreviations and Terms are in American.
- Directions are for small, changes for medium and large are in parenthesis.
- Ch 52, (56, 60), join with sl st to first ch being careful not to twist the chs.
- Rnd 1: Ch 1, working into back bumps, sc in first ch and in each ch around; join with sl st to first sc. [52, (56, 60) sts]
- Rnd 2: Ch 4 (counts as first tr), tr in next st and in each st around; join with sl st to first tr (ch4). [52, (56, 60) sts.]
- Rnd 3: Ch 1, sc in first st and in each st around; join with sl st to first sc. Fasten off. [52, (56, 60) sts.]
- Row 1: Make a slip knot and place it on your hook. With RS Facing, sl st into 21, (22, 23) st from where you fastened off, 2 sc in next 11 (13, 15) sts; sl st into next st. Turn. [24, (28, 32) sts including the sl sts.]
- Rnd 2: Ch 1, sc in sl st, sc in next st and into each sc across, insert hook into sl st, yo and pull up a lp, insert hook into next st of band, yo and pull up a lp, (3 lps on hook) yo and pull through all loops on hook (sc2tog made) sl st into next st of hat. Turn. [25, (29, 33) sts including the sl st.]
- Rows 3-7: Ch 1, sc first sl st, sc in next st and into in each sc across, sc2tog over sl st two rows below and next st of hat, sl st into next st of hat. Turn. [35, (39, 43) sts including the sl st.] Fasten off after row 7 and weave in ends.