This crochet sun visor pattern is available five sizes for babies and children, including preemie, newborn, toddler and older children. The pattern is simple, making it easy for anyone who has mastered the basics of crochet.
The baby visor would make for a cute baby shower gift for summer babies. Pair it up with a baby blanket, a pair of baby booties, or even a cute baby outfit to make an entire gift set.
The visor will hold it’s shape pretty good, depending on how you crochet. However, after washing it may tend to flop a bit. Therefore, you may want to take a solution of fabric glue and water and stiffen it slightly. Another option is to line the underside with interfacing or a piece of felt.
I used an acrylic yarn, but to keep their heads even cooler in the hot sun, use a cotton yarn.
The adult version of this pattern can be found here: Crochet Visor
Other Hat Patterns for Babies and Children
- Cross-Over Long DC Free Crochet Newsboy Hat Pattern
- Striped Baby Hat Crochet Pattern
- Bulky Crochet Shell Stitch Baby Hat Pattern
- White Floppy Sun Hat by Crochet Jewel
- My First Hat by Cream Of The Crop Crochet
- Crochet Baby Boy Hats Free Pattern Roundup
Crochet Visor – Preemie, Newborn, Toddler and Children’s Crochet Visor
- Yarn: Red Heart Comfort (or any worsted weight yarn)
- Hook Size: H/8-5.00 MM
- Other: Measuring Tape, Scissors, Yarn Needle.
- Finished Sizes: Preemie, baby, toddler, children and tweens.
- Directions are for smallest size, all other sizes are in parenthesis.
- Ch 36, (40, 44, 48, 52) join with sl st being careful not to twist chain.
- Rnd 1: Ch 1, sc in each ch all around. Join with sl st. Do not turn.
- Rnd 2: Ch 3, (counts as first dc), dc in each st all around. Join with sl st. Do not turn.
- Rnd 3: Ch 1, sc in each st all around. Join with sl st. Fasten off. 36, (40, 44, 48, 52) sc.
- Row 1: With right side of work facing, join yarn to the 17, (18, 19, 20, 21) st from beginning of round. Ch 1, work 2 sc in same st and in each of next 3, (5, 7, 9, 11) sts. 8, (12, 16, 20, 24) sts. Turn
- Row 2: Ch 1, skip first st, working in back loops only sc in each of remaining sts, hdc in both loops of next st in last round of the band, sl st into next 2 sts of the band. Turn
- Row 3: Ch 1, skip first st, working in both loops sc in each st to the end of row, hdc in next st in last round of the band, sl st into next 2 sts of the band. Turn
- Repeat row 3 another 2, (2, 4, 4, 4) times. Fasten off at last row, and weave in ends.