Here is a free crochet pattern from Amy, owner of Crochet Jewel. Amy is a talented crochet designer and she offers many free patterns at her blog. Among her many patterns she has a whole collection of animal and other fun hats for both children and adults. So why not check out her blog and subscribe so you can be notified of any new patterns. You can also join her on her Facebook page.
Thank you Amy for allowing me to publish your pattern.
This white floppy sun hat is an easy crochet hat pattern that will look cute on your little one.
I was inspired to make this floppy sun hat for my infant daughter! I don’t want the sun in her eyes this summer. My daughter will look so cute wearing this floppy sun hat. This design that I create for this hat will keep the sun out of her eyes and give her shade. I made a little flower to give the floppy sun hat some flare and make it more girly!
White Floppy Sun Hat by Crochet Jewel
- Yarn: Red heart yarn white yarn, and pink yarn
- Hook Sizes: H & I Hooks
- Other: Measuring Tape, Scissors, Yarn Needle.
- Made this for a toddler-preschooler (12 months-3 yrs), 18"-20" head cir., hat length=7" =I hook
- dc=double crochet
- sc=single crochet
- sl st=slip stitch
- Crochet Abbreviations and Terms are in American.
- I hook
- White yarn
- ch 5- slip stitch to form a ring,
- Rnd 1. ch 3, 11 dc in ring, join with sl st. on top of ch 3. -12 sts.
- Rnd 2. ch 2, dc in same st. as joining, 2dc in each st. around. join with sl st on top of chain 2. -24 sts.
- Rnd 3. ch 2 counts as the first stitch, *2dc in next st., dc in the next stitch, repeat from *around, join with sl st. -36 sts.
- Rnd 4. ch 2, dc in the next st., 2dc in the next st., *dc in the next two stitches, 2dc in the next stitch, repeat from *around, join with sl st. -48 sts.
- Rnd 5. chain 2, dc in the next dc, (the chain 2 will count as the first dc), *skip 2 dc, dc in the next two dc, *Repeat, sl st
- Rnd 6-11. slip stitch in the first dc, chain 2, dc in the next dc, *chain 2, dc in the next 2 dc, *Repeat, sl st., Repeat this pattern until your hat reaches 6 inches, or with this size it will be rnds 6-11
- Rnd 12. single crochet in each stitch around, sl st (the next rounds, use a marker to keep track of rounds)
- Rnd 13. *sc in the next 2 sc, 2sc in the next stitch, *Repeat sl st.
- Rnd 14. *sc in the next 3 sc, 2sc in the next stitch, *Repeat sl st.
- Rnd 15. *sc in the next 4 sc, 2sc in the next stitch, *Repeat sl st.
- Rnd 16. *sc in the next 5 sc, 2sc in the next stitch, *Repeat sl st. fasten off.
- Flower on hat: H hook, pink yarn,
- Pink yarn ch 5, join round with sl st.
- Rnd 1. 10 sc in the loop, join with the beginning sc with a sl st.
- Rnd 2. sc in the same stitch, *ch 3, skip the next stitch, sc in the next st., *repeat until you have 5(3 chain spaces)
- Rnd 3. *sl sl in the chain 3 space, ch 1, work 6 dc in the chain space 3, ch 1, sl st. in the previous sc, *repeat until you have 5(6 pedals) sl st.