This is a cute little mini rose hair clip to make for the little princess in your life. The rose works up very fast and can be crocheted and assembled within half an hour or less.
The finished rose measures only about 2 inches across, but if you were to use a thicker yarn you could easily create much larger rose.
The crocheted strip naturally spirals, which makes it easy to position and sew the rose together.
You can use the clip to help keep the hair in place or as an added decoration for a headband.
Rose Crochet Hair Clip
- Yarn: Size 3 Crochet Thread
- Crochet Hook: 3.00mm
- Other: small hair clip
- hot glue gun
- Tools Scissors, Yarn Needle.
- 2 inches across
- Ch 41,
- Row 1: Work 1 sc in second ch from hook, work 2 sc in each of the remaining chs across. Turn (79 sc)
- Row 2: Ch 1, sc in first st, *sk next 2 sts, 5 dc in next st, sk next 2 sts, sc in next st, repeat from * to end. Fasten off, leaving a long enough tail to sew the rose.
To Gather The Rose
- Work the tail end down to the first row of single crochet stitches.
- Then shape the rose and sew in place, working with one small area at a time.
- Continue rolling the rose around and sewing the strip to the previous round until you have completed. Secure and cut the yarn.
- Note that the tighter you roll the rose, the more closed it will be, and vice versa.
To Attach Hair Clip
- Open the hair clip and hold onto the bottom part with the top of the clip facing up.
- Using a hot glue gun, dab a small amount of glue around the top part of the clip.
- Quickly position the clip unto the center back of the rose pressing down firmly for a few seconds until the glue sets. Remove any unwanted strands from the hot glue.