This simple lace crochet dishcloth pattern is perfect for all your cleaning needs from the kitchen to the bathroom and throughout the home. It’s also got a lovely texture, which makes makes it ideal for all your gift baskets.
Plus, this dishcloth pattern has an open stitch, which not only gives it a favorable drape, but it also increases drying time. I prefer these types of dishcloths in the summer months when it gets so hot and humid outside.
It is shown in a solid color here, but I imagine this is an ideal pattern for lots of stripes. Hence, if you have a lot of odds and ends, they’d look great in this cloth.
The Stitch Pattern
The open stitch pattern is created simply with half double crochets and chain one spaces. The solid rows are worked in the seed stitch, which consists of a single crochet and double crochet worked together in the same stitch. Then you skip a stitch to maintain your stitch count.
As with most of my dishcloths, this pattern is on the small side, but you can easily increase to any size you like. The stitch multiple is a multiple of two for your starting chains.
Bernat Handicrafter is my go-to yarn for crocheting dishcloths, but any similar yarn will work just as well. Sugar ‘n Cream is another great yarn that I sometimes use as well.
If you want something with more scrubbing action you could try Red Heart Scrubby Cotton, which is another one of my favorite yarns.
Other Patterns to Try
- Free and Easy Crochet Dishcloth Patterns
- Beginner Crochet Dishcloth Pattern with Striped Option
- Dandy – Easy Crochet Dishcloth
- Peachy Round Crochet Dishcloth Pattern
- Mercerized Cotton Yarn Dishcloth Pattern
Simple Seeded Lace Crochet Dishcloth Pattern
- Yarn: Bernat Handicrafter Cotton Worsted Weight #4 – 100% Cotton – 1 1.75oz/50g ball.
- Crochet Hook: I/9-5.50mm
- Other: Measuring Tape, Scissors, Yarn Needle.
- 7.5" by 7.5"
- Ch 22, or any multiple of 2.
- Row 1: (Hdc, ch 1) in 2nd ch from hook, *sk next ch, (hdc, ch 1) in next ch; rep from * across. Note: Last ch-1 made counts as turning ch. Turn. [11 sts and 10 ch-1 sps]
- Row 2: (Sc, dc) in first hdc, *sk ch-1, (sc, dc) in next hdc; rep from * across to last hdc; sc in last hdc. Turn. [21 sts]
- Row 3: Ch 1, (hdc, ch 1) in first sc, *sk dc, (hdc, ch 1) in next sc; rep from * across. Note: Last ch-1 made counts as turning ch. Turn.
- Rows 4-17: Rep rows 2 and 3.
- Rnd 1: Ch 1, sc evenly around, working 3 sc in each corner; join with sl st in first sc.
- Rnd 2: Ch 1, sc in each st around, working 3 sc in each corner; join with sl st in first sc. Fasten Off.
And, you might also enjoy a visit to CPB for more patterns for crochet dishcloths.