This crochet square coaster pattern is worked in rounds with increases made at the corners to make it square. It’s simple and quick to crochet, making it easy for a beginner as well.
The finished size measures 4″ across, making it the perfect size for my favorite tea and coffee cups. It features a couple open stitches, but it’s still solid enough to protect your kitchen table and computer desk.
Last, but not least, since this has such a pretty lace, you might even enjoy this in a cool afghan as well. Or crochet up a small treasure bag for your child by sewing two squares together along three edges and attaching a small handle.
Other Patterns to Check Out:
- Little Dots Coaster Crochet Pattern
- Seed Stitch Crochet Coaster Pattern
- Puff Stitch Dishcloth, Placemat and Coaster Set
- A Bullion Stitch Coaster
- ESC Coaster
Purchase Your Ad-Free PDF
Crochet Square Coaster Pattern
- Yarn: Bernat Handicrafter Cotton (Worsted Weight, #4; 100% Cotton; 1.75 oz/50g; 80yds/73m) Small amount of scrap yarn.
- Crochet Hook: H/8-5.00mm
- Other: Measuring Tape, Scissors, Yarn Needle.
- 4" Square
- Rnd 1: Make a magic circle, ch 1, work 8 sc into magic circle; join with sl st in first sc. [8 sc]
- Rnd 2: Ch 1, 2 hdc in same st as join and into each st around; join with sl st in first hdc. [16 hdc]
- Rnd 3: Ch 1, 2 hdc in same st as join, 2 hdc in each of next 2 sts, *ch 2, sk next st, 2 hdc in each of next 3 sts; rep from * around to last st; ch 2, sk last st; join with sl st in first hdc. [24 hdc and 4 ch-2 sps]
- Note for Beginners: In the next round, mark the middle hdc made in the ch-2 sp as your corner stitch.
- Rnd 4: Ch 1, hdc in same st as join, hdc in next 5 sts, *5 hdc in ch-2 sp, hdc in next 6 sts; rep from * around to last ch-2 sp; 5 hdc in last ch-2 sp; join with sl st in first hdc. [44 hdc]
- Rnd 5: Ch 1, sc in same st as join, *sc in next st and into each st up to corner, 3 sc into corner; rep from * 3 times; sc in last 2 sts; join with sl st in first sc. [52 sc] Fasten off.
You might also be interested in the collection of free crochet pattern collection on CPB for Crochet Coasters.