The blossom lace dishcloth crochet pattern is now available in two sizes. It’s a nice open stitch that allows for a quick drying time, which makes it ideal for gifting! It’s perfect for washing dishes or for cleaning around the home. Or, use it as a washcloth for the bath.
Another use for this crochet dishcloth is as an afghan square. Mix it up with other open stitch squares to create a beautiful light and breezy blanket.
Use a solid color or a variegated yarn to make this. Both look nice, but in the right color, I really like the variegated version. Either way, it’s a great way to use up leftovers as you don’t need much yarn.
The Blossom Stitch
The stitch is super easy to make, but it you have to pay attention as to what row you are on. It is a two-row repeat, and I find it easy to get lost on where I am.
It is an open stitch, with the v-stitch and single crochets in one row. And then double crochets, single crochets and chain one spaces for the next row. The openness makes it great for washing dishes or for cleaning around the home.
This crochet dishcloth pattern is now available in two sizes; 6.5″ square and 8.5″ square. The smaller cloth can be used as a scrubby or a coaster, while the larger cloth can be used for anything and everything around the home.
You can adjust the size as needed in a multiple of 4 plus 2.
I used Bernat Handicrafter Cotton, a medium worsted weight, 100% cotton yarn. Cotton is durable and holds up to touch washing and scrubbing in the kitchen.
Lily Sugar ‘n’ Cream is a good substitute, but Red Heart, Lion Brand and other yarn companies also sell great dishcloth cottons.
Other Patterns to Try
- Dandy – Easy Crochet Dishcloth
- HDC Criss Cross Stitch Dishcloth
- Moss Stitch Crochet Dishcloth
- Peachy Round Crochet Dishcloth Pattern
- Simple Seeded Lace Crochet Dishcloth Pattern
Purchase Your Printable PDF
Blossom Lace Dishcloth Crochet Pattern
- Yarn: Bernat Handicrafter Cotton (Worsted Weight, #4; 100% Cotton; 1.75 oz/50g; 80yds/73m) 1 ball.
- Crochet Hook: H/8-5.00mm
- Other: Measuring Tape, Scissors, Yarn Needle.
- Small: 6.5" by 6.5"
- Large: 8.5" by 8.5"
- Ch/Chs = Chain/Chains
- Dc = Double Crochet
- Rep = Repeat
- Sc = Single Crochet
- Sk = Skip
- Sl St = Slip Stitch
- Sp/Sps = Space/Spaces
- St/Sts = Stitch/Stitches
- V-St = V Stitch
Special Stitch Instructions
- V-St: (dc, ch 1, dc) in designated chain or space.
- Blossom Stitch Tutorial
- Ch 22, (30) or any multiple of 4 + 2.
- Row 1 (RS): Sc in 2nd ch from hook, *sk next ch, v-st in next ch, sk next ch, sc in next ch; rep from * across. Turn. [5, (7) V-sts]
- Row 2: Ch 4 (counts as first dc and ch-1 sp), (sc, ch 1) in first v-st, *(dc, ch 1) in next sc, (sc, ch 1) in next v-st; rep from * across to last sc, dc in last sc. Turn. [10, (14) ch-1 sps]
- Row 3: Ch 1, sc in first dc, *v-st in next sc, sc in next dc; rep from * across. Turn. [5, (7) V-sts]
- Rows 4-13, (19): Rep rows 2-3.
- Rnds 1-2: Sc evenly around working 3 sc into each corner. Join with sl st in first sc. Fasten Off at the last round.
Leave a Reply