Enjoy this lacy crochet dishcloth in your kitchen or in the bathroom. The pretty lace and texture is not only perfect for scrubbing, but it’s also decorative and sure to brighten any room. Thus, you could also use this as a pretty doily mat throughout the home.
With a pretty lace and texture, you could add this to any gift basket knowing that your recipients will enjoy it.
The Stitch Pattern
I used the slanted puff stitch along with chain spaces, half double crochets and single crochets. It’s a pretty stitch combination that is worked over four pattern rows.
The stitch pattern is designed for intermediate crocheters, but if you’re ready to learn the puff stitch, then you’re ready to learn this one!
The Finished Size
The finished size is 7.5 by 7.5 inches square. But in a simple multiple of 3 + 2, you can increase or decrease this to any size you want!
I could see a placemat to match, a table runner or a mat for your vanity and coffee tables.
I used a cotton yarn, called Bernat Handicrafter Cotton. I prefer that in the kitchen. The cotton is much more durable and and is also more effective at scrubbing. Other cottons that could be used include Lily Sugar ‘n’ Cream. Lion Brand and Red Heart also carry a few good dishcloth cottons that you might like.
But if using it for a decorative mat for around the home you could substitute with any yarn you like. And feel free to change up the colors for some cheerful and/or holiday stripes.
Other Patterns to Try
- Moss Stitch Crochet Dishcloth
- Lacy Textured Dishcloth Crochet Pattern
- HDC Criss Cross Stitch Dishcloth
- ESC Dishcloth
- Crochet Seed Stitch Dishcloth Pattern
Dream On Puffs Lacy Crochet Dishcloth
- Yarn: Bernat Handicrafter Cotton #4
- Crochet Hook: I/9-5.50mm
- Other: Measuring Tape, Scissors, Yarn Needle.
- Gauge: 3" over 9 sts.
- Finished Size: 7.5" by 7.5"
Special Stitch Instructions
- Puff Stitch (Puff st): [Yo, insert hk into st, yo and pull through] 3 times (7 loops on hk), yo and pull through all 7 loops.
- Ch 23, or any multiple of 3 + 2.
- Row 1: Sc in 2nd ch from hk and into each ch across. Turn. [22 sts]
- Row 2: Ch 1 (does not count as st, now and throughout), (sc, puff st, ch 2) in first st, *sk next 2 sts, (sc, puff st, ch 2) in next st; rep from * across to last 3 sts, sk next 2 sts, sc in last st. Turn. [8 sc, 7 puff sts and 7 ch-2 sps]
- Row 3: Skipping all chs and puff sts, ch 1, (sc, ch 3) in first sc and into each sc st across omitting the last ch-3. Turn. [7 ch-3 sps]
- Row 4: Ch 1, sk first st, 3 hdc in first ch-3 sp and into each ch-3 sp across, hdc in last sc. Turn. [22 hdc]
- Row 5: Ch 1, sc in first hdc and into each hdc across. Turn. [22 sc]
- Rows 6-17: Rep Rows 2-5.
- Row 18: Rep Row 2.
- Row 19: Ch 1, sc 22 sts evenly across. (I skipped all chs and worked into all sc and into both spaces on top of each puff st for a total of 22 sts.)
- Ch 1, sc evenly around working 3 sc in each corner. Join with slip stitch to first sc. Fasten Off.
You might also be interested in the FREE crochet dishcloth patterns on CPB.