This crochet scrubby dishcloth pattern is quick and easy to crochet for those who have mastered the basics. And for those who are new to crochet may find it a bit challenging but not undoable. So don’t be afraid to take the challenge because this kitchen scrubber will be your new best friend when it comes to scrubbing down your pots and pans.
Not only does this work up quick, but you can use up your leftover yarns for a colorful scrubber. Furthermore, it makes for a great housewarming gift idea.
This pattern gives you several variations as once you have the scrubber attached you can stop crocheting at any time to get the scrubber you want. You have the choice to just cover the scrubber, or do another round for a floral effect. Or, follow through the entire pattern for a nice scrubby dishcloth crochet pattern.
Yarn: I used Bernat Handicrafter cotton, but any similar #4 worsted weight cotton yarn will work.
Scrubby: The scrubby is roughly about 3.5″ across the diameter. You can get it at Walmart, the dollar store and other similar stores.
Popcorn Crochet Scrubby Dishcloth and Scrubby
- Yarn: Bernat Handicrafter Cotton (Worsted Weight, #4; 100% Cotton; 1.75 oz/50g; 80yds/73m), 1 ball
- Crochet Hook: H 5.00mm
- Scrubby: 3.5" across the diameter
- Other: Measuring Tape, Scissors, Yarn Needle.
- Measures 7.5" in diameter.
Special Stitch Instructions
- Beg PC: Ch 3, (counts as first dc), work another 4 dc in same first st, Drop loop from hook and insert hook into first of the 5 dc made. Pick up the dropped loop and pull through.
- PC: Work 5 dc in st indicated. Drop loop from hook and insert hook into first of the 5 dc made. Pick up the dropped loop and pull through.
- Ch 4, join with sl st in first ch to form circle.
- Rnd 1: Ch 1, work 2 sc into each ch, join with sl st in first sc. [8 sc]
- Rnd 2: Work beg pc in same st as join, ch 1, 3 dc in next st, ch 1, *pc in next st, ch 1, 3 dc in next st, ch 1, repeat from * around, join with sl st in first pc. [4 pc and 12 dc]
- Rnd 3: Work beg pc in same st as join, *ch 1, dc in next dc, ch 1, pc in next dc, ch 1, dc in next dc, ch 1,** pc on top of next pc, repeat from * around ending at **, join with sl st in first pc. [8 pc and dc sts]
- In the next round the crocheted scrubby is joined to a round nylon scrubby.
- Rnd 4: Place crocheted work over a round nylon scrubby with scrubby behind your work. Ch 1, working into the back loops and the scrubby, sc in each st and ch around; join with sl st in first sc. [32 sts]
- Rnd 5: Ch 3 (counts as first dc, now and throughout), work another 6 dc in same first st, *sk next st, sc in next st, sk next st,** 7 dc in next st, repeat from * around, ending last repeat at **, join with sl st in first dc. [64 sts]
- Rnd 6: Sl st into next 3 sts (into center dc), ch 1, sc in same st as where last sl st was made, *ch 1, 5 dc in next sc, ch 1,** sc in center dc, repeat from * around ending at **, join with sl st. [48 sts and 16 ch1 sps]
- Rnd 7: Sl st into ch-1 sp, ch 3, work another 2 dc in same sp, *sc in center dc, 3 dc in next ch-1 sp, ch 2,** 3 dc in next ch-1 sp; repeat from * around ending at **, join with sl st in first dc. [56 sts and 8 ch 2 sps]
- Rnd 8: Ch 1, sc in same st as join and into next 2 sts, *ch 1, sk next st, sc in next 3 sts, 3 sc in ch-2 sp,** sc in next 3 sts; repeat from * around ending at **, join with sl st. Fasten Off. [72 sts and 8 ch-1 sps]
- To make this scrubby, simply follow directions for dish cloth up to rnd 4. Fasten off.
- To make this scrubby, simply follow directions for dish cloth up to rnd 5. Fasten off.