This ribbed dishcloth pattern is given in two sizes, making it for a great washcloth for around the home. It features a nice ribbed texture, which not only looks goo, but it can also help with the scrubbing.
The Stitch Pattern
The stitches used include the half double crochet worked with the front post half double crochet to create the ribbed texture. These ribs are not only great for scrubbing, but they can also help to trap debris and you’re cleaning and dusting throughout the home.
This dishcloth pattern is available in two sizes that measure 6.5 by 6.5″ and 8.5 by 8.5″. The smaller one is great for the kitchen, while the larger is great for cleaning around the home. With that said, if I had to choose one, it would be the smaller one.
There is no stitch multiple, so you can easily crochet this to any size that you want.
Choose a cotton yarn for something durable. A dishcloth cotton is best for washing dishcloths and for cleaning around the home. But if you plan on using this in the bath, you could choose another cotton or another material that you prefer.
Other Patterns to Try
- Beginner Crochet Dishcloth Pattern with Striped Option
- Lacy Textured Dishcloth Crochet Pattern
- Eyelet Rows Cotton Dishcloth Pattern
- Moss Stitch Crochet Dishcloth
- HDC Criss Cross Stitch Dishcloth
Ribbed Dish or Washcloth
- Yarn: Bernat Handicrafter Cotton (Worsted Weight, #4; 100% Cotton; 1.75 oz/50g; 80yds/73m)
- Crochet Hook: I/9-5.50mm
- Other: Measuring Tape, Scissors, Yarn Needle.
- Small: 6.5" by 6.5"
- Large: 8.5" by 8.5"
- Loosely ch 16, (22), or any number of stitches that you like.
- Row 1 (RS): Working into back bumps, hdc in 2nd ch from hook and into each ch across [15, (21) sts] Turn.
- Row 2 (WS): Ch 1, sc in first st, fphdc in next st and into each st up to last st, sc in last st. [15, (21) sts] Turn.
- Row 3: Ch 1, hdc in first st and into each st across. [15, (21) sts] Turn.
- Rows 4-12, (18): Rep rows 2 & 3 ending last row with row 2.
- Rnd 1: With RS facing, ch 1, hdc evenly around working 5 hdc into each corner st; join with sl st in first hdc. Turn.
- Rnd 2: Ch 1, fphdc into each hdc around; join with sl st in first fphdc. Fasten Off.